10🌻

Aliyah|Queen

I felt Youngboy shift uncomfortably beside me. I patted his leg to let him know to act normal.

"I figured you ate before you came, so I fixed you a plate. I know you always got room for some cake." She smiled warmly. "Young man, would you like some?" My grandma turned to Kentrell.

"No ma'am, I'm good." He says.

"Hmph." My mother blows through her nose. I turn to mug her.

"Grandma, he'll take some. He's just not hungry." I assure her. My family gets offended when you don't accept their cooking, another thing that pisses me off. She nodded.

"Imma go fix Ant some, too." She said as she walked back out the threshold.

"So, who this?" She tried to make small talk with me.

"Kentrell, this my birthgiva. Birthgiva, Kentrell." I said monotonously, letting a deadpan expression fall on my face. She scoffed as Kentrell waved awkward.

"How you?" He asked after clearing his throat.

"I'd be better if my daughter wasn't so damn ignorant." I handed Kentrell the baby.

"I wouldn't be iGnOrAnT if you didn't take me through hell when I neededyou most." All of a sudden, I felt all the heart and the memories flood back. I felt Kentrell's hand squeeze mine.

"Ma, daddy?" I swallowed hard as I stepped into the kitchen. I was wearing a pink tank top under my jacket. I remembered I put it on just because you could see my pooch. I was sure enough scared, I just felt like I had to go in full fledge. I spent a long time sneaking around with jackets on. I was growing and it was getting hot, so I couldn't hide from anyone now.

"Yes, baby?" My daddy answered, not looking up from the fridge.

"Can I get y'all to sit or some'? I wanna talk to y'all foreal." I sigh, already feeling tears prick my eyes. They both nodded and sat down beside each other at the low table. I sat in front of them.

"I remember when I was twelve and I had just hit puberty. Y'all both sat me down and dragged me through an uncomfortable...talk." I smiled, even though I didn't feel like it. They started laughing. 

"I remember every little bit of it. Terrible." My mom said.

"I knowww." Dad scoffed.

"Well, lately y'all been in and out, and I've been feeling...out of place, I guess?" My hands were folded on top of the table. My leg shook as I looked at their intense glares.

"So, What?" My dad stopped with a sigh. "You been turning to sex or some shit?" He asked, looking disgusted. The tears started to flow, and I forced my mouth open.

"Yes." My inhale made a high pitched noise. The only reason I lost my virginity was because of them being gone and withdrawn.

"What the fuck did I tell you, Aliyah? Didn't I teach you that you're body is special?" I was already annoyed with my mom.

"Yes! You also taught me family and spending time with each other is special! Allat! I'm not done, please let me finish." My dad's jaw clenched.

"That lil boy used you, huh?" His fists were clenched. This was before he died.

"I w-wanted it...and I made a mistake." My voice shook as I stood up. I unzipped my jacket and revealed the pink tank top. My belly had a small bump. My baby.

With all the strength in my body, I looked up at my parents. I felt my tears stream down my neck. I opened my mouth again to speak. I wanted to apologize to the angry woman and the disappointed man. I wanted to make it up to them.