31🌻

Omniscient

They both continued to stare at each other, both guns fully loaded. Both ruthless.

"I see we got something in common..." She raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"We both stubborn."

Kentrell laid on the bare carpet, staring up to the ceiling. One of the goons figured he was dying after they beat him again (Cameron's orders) so they untied him. It wasn't like he could escape, there was a goon outside his door and he was broken up.

His breathing wasn't quite labored, but it was shallow. The dulling pain in his stomach slowly became rarely noticeable, and the sunlight almost hurt his sensitive eyes.

Memories of him with his kids began to flash through his head as his fist clenched. He wished he could've at least said goodbye. He spit out more blood to keep from breathing it in.

As he faded in and out of consciousness, he hallucinated bad.

At first, it was little things, things that he knew were fake. Now, he can't distinguish his own thoughts from the sunken reality he was stuck in.

Aliyah was getting sick and tired of playing the waiting game. Before she could really process it, Cameron swiftly cocked the gun back and put it back in her face.

"Move a muscle, and imma kill you and yo baby. What now, smart ass?" Cameron said, knowing that he had won. No mother like her would risk her child's life.

Aliyah had faked a scared look on her face, but knew the gun in her hand was already ready to fire. No sudden moves needed that wouldn't result in his imminent demise. She held the smile that threatened to creep on her face.

"Where's Youngboy?" The question he only had the answer to.

"Oh...you mean AI? Listen to me closely, and I'll tell you where I buried him." Aliyah's heart dropped, then she sent two shots to his head. The sound of the shots and his gun clinking to the ground with his body rang through the pretty much empty building.

"One..." She started her tally, she was sure he wasn't the last.

"Sorry, not interested." She shrugged, dropping down to one knee and looking over him. "Dumb ass." She stands back up and grabs her phone to call the police.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I-I-Just h-had to shoot a man! I t-think he's dead! I didn't want to!" She cried out into the receiver, a smile of satisfaction filling her face but quickly going away when people began to flood out of their apartments.

Kentrell froze when he began to hear voices outside of his window. Dismissing the faded sounds as his head, he ignored them.

But the sounds weren't just in his head.

"Bitch, we better not get caught off this." Meeka warns Vera as she attempts to pick the lock of the front door.

"You wanna meet him, right?" Vera turns partially around to look at Meeka and Nina, who looked scared. Nevertheless, they nodded.

"That's what I thought, one of y'all dumb asses go be the lookout instead of whining." Nina decided to step back behind the hedge and look for incoming threats.

"I'm in!" Vera hisses quietly, entering the broken down house. They shut the door quietly.

"Damn, for somebody with so much money, you'd think he'd stop living in the trenches." Vera scowled.

"Do you ever stop complaining?" Nina mean mugged her. The trio decided to walk down the first hallway they saw. Meeka felt uneasy, so she reached for the pistol in her purse cautiously. As soon as the turned the corner, two gunshots went off.