22🌻

Aliyah|Queen

It's hard getting ready with a baby attached to your hip. I didn't have time to wait for Arianna to sleep before I started to get ready. I struggled to brush my teeth and support her at the same time. I grimaced at the front door slamming.

"Yo, Queen!" A male voice faded through the apartment.

"Who that?" I wiped my mouth off quickly.

"Whatchu mean who that?"

"All y'all Baton niggas sound the same! Now stop playing." I stepped out the bathroom.

"It's yo man." I heard footsteps coming my way.

"Wassup? Why you busting in my shit like that? Thought I locked that door." I ask Kentrell as he rushed past me.

"Ian bust in shit. You gave me a key when you was pissy drunk one Friday."

"Damn, I was wondering where that key went." I mumbled to myself. "Why the hell I do that?"

"Cause I asked." I scrunched my face up at him. He gave me a 'Well...' look.

"We was fuckin' when I asked, so...Said I couldn't sneak in and out if I had to knock." He shrugged. I started to curse him out, but I had other questions.

"First of all, who the hell are you looking for? Secondly, where is your shirt? You look like a honey bun or something." I noted about the sweat running down his face...and chest.

"I came from the court. When we was on the phone earlier, thought I heard something." He said, tipping the bathroom door open and peering in.

"Heard what?" I stepped back a little. He mumbled something.

"Speak up." I hit him on the chest.

"Sound like you was...fucking somebody or something."

"What?" I mugged him.

"Mane I heard a nigga in the background, and the way you was talkin' wasn't right."

"Bro, you off yo wig." I roll my eyes. He reaches for the baby and I give her up.

"Hey Pink Draco." His words almost blew me back.

"Nigga, try it again."

"What?"

"I don't know why you thought that was okay—please try it again."

"Hey Princess." I gave him an approving smile.

"Aye, lemme see something though."

"What?" I ask as I cross the hallway to enter my room.

"Come on and get this work so I can make sure Yeen had nobody." I gave him a dirty look.

"The hell is that supposed to do?"

"If you hold out longer, that mean yo fast ass been fucking." I suck my teeth and hit him on the chest.

"I can't anyway, gotta pack for my trip."

"Where you goin? Yeen ask me." I sucked my teeth.

"My class trip. Oh! By the way, gotta keep Ari."

"Who?"

"Her daddy."

"Why my mama can't keep her?" He whined.

"Cause she's going on a cruise! Come on man, youn never spend time with her. Why is that?" I crossed my arms. He sucked his teeth.

"Bruh, you know why—"

"You quick to pick up everybody baby though! Ain't nobody gone damn suspect nothing over you spending a little time! Even if they do, fuck em! They ain't sucking yo dick or paying you bills." He did nothing but nod.

"You wanna go out?"

"I gotta go shop."

"Then lets go shop." He shrugged.
*

"How this look?" I asked him, spinning around in the fitted dress.

"Too damn short." He mugged me and patted the baby.

"Man come on! I'm serious."

"I am too."

"Well...it shows my legs...I like my legs...so I'm getting it." I said, stepping back into the dressing room. We left the store after buying the dress and I headed towards Victoria Secret. I felt him tug me back.

"Hell? Why you need some underwear?"

"I just do."

"I'll get you some Fruit of the Loop. Hanes, something."

"That's Fruit of the Loom, Ken. And I want something cute."

"Fine, Imma get the kind with the flowers." I sucked my teeth and pulled him into the store.

"Matter of fact, can you go to the cookie shop and get us some cookies and ice cream?" He looked at me like I was dumb.

"Please? I'll meet you over there."

"Don't buy nothing Yeen got no business buying—fast ass."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." I giggle and I turn away.
*

I walked up the walkway to the food court and spotted Kentrell and the stroller—along with a table full of niggas.

"Uh...hey y'all..."

"Hey!" They chorused as I sat down.

"This my lil sis, Aliyah. Aliyah, these my homeboys." He started introducing them. I wasn't amused, but I played nice. One of them leaned in and whispered something to Kentrell. He hit him upside the head.

"What?" The dude asked.

"She got too much going on for that." He simply said.

"Yo, you single?" He clearly went against Kentrell's wishes, because he was visibly annoyed.

"It's complicated?" I said it as more of a question than a statement.

"No it ain't. Now you know good and damn well that —he'll flip his lid if he heard you say that."

"Okay, But is he gone beat my ass? No? Okay then." I challenged, leaning in.

"Aight, bet."

"No rap cap. Shid, He don't put no fear in my heart."

"Mhm. Yeahhh, he told me he put somethin' in it. That's how that damn baby got here, ain't it?" The table started laughing, and I straightfaced them.

"Believe what y'all want." I shrugged, sipping on my milkshake.

"And give me my damn baby." I mugged him.

"Why?" He kisses her on the forehead. "We spending time togetha." He kissed her again, and this made her smile. I instantly melted inside.

"You got enough damn kids, need to be hugging up on all them."

"Yooo, she just smiled? You think she really smiling at yo goofy ass, or you think she got gas?"

"Shut up, hating ass niggas." He told two other dudes as he fixed her shirt. I started recording on Snapchat.

"Uncle duties..." I said as I recorded him smiling at her. "Youngboy, look." He dropped his smile and started making faces and threw up a five.

"It's me and her against the world, no hoe shit."
__________________

My spring break almost over 😭

The next chap I release gone have names/ ideas for stories and imma need y'all to vote. I just ain't got the names yet. 🤷🏾‍♀️