Lekha 44

"Gulal!" I exclaimed standing up in a shock

"Gulal!" I exclaimed standing up in a shock. I immediately checked my hands even though I was sure that despite being exhausted I had cleaned up all the color from my hands. They were clean as expected.

"Which one of you had been naughty?"I asked with a smirk.

"Believe us Lekha, it was not us. We just came in to wake you up" said Vasundhara.

"Moreover we girls are a team. Why would we prank you?"Said Gayatri in a way of explanation.

"Then..."My thoughts went to the only person who could have done this but I quickly averted my thought from him least it reflected on my face.

"We will solve this mystery later. We have to go watch the fun as the boys wake up. Come on Lekha just wipe your face. It's only gulal it won't leave a mark" said Gayatri. I felt relieved as I didn't want to solve that particular mystery at that moment. Hopefully they would forget all about it, I thought as I finished brushing my teeth and cleaning my face. We were absolved from taking a bath in the morning on the day of Holi as we were bound to get dirty and washed only after we had done playing with the colors.

As I entered my room we heard sound of movement from Vikram's room so rushed towards it. He greeted us with a smile, which could only mean that he was yet to look into a mirror. Our smiles soon turned into huge grins looking at his face, as did his smile turn suspicious looking at us. Suddenly he was hit by enlightenment and he rushed towards the mirror on the wall, turning our smiles into giggles.

"I will not leave you girls. I will have my revenge" he shouted as the quick thinking girls sprinted off ahead of him. The wise old me took the wiser path as I stood there with an innocent smile on my face. As he glared at me I simply shrugged my shoulders and looked at the way the girls had run. Well in a way that was not lying, since my shrug could have meant anything. Since I was the new addition to the family and was now officially fiancé to his elder brother, it was a kind of an unthought-of thing to mistrust me. He ran after the girls shouting threats at them.

I quietly slinked out of his doorway to go downstairs where the girls had headed to. They seemed to have woken up the whole household with their laughter and screeches. I saw Udai bhaisa and Suraj come out of their rooms rubbing their eyes making the paint look even worse than before. I hid my giggle and moved towards the stairs to be on the safer side, if they grew suspicious about me. Sudden laughter erupted from below and as I looked down at the verandah, I saw most of the family members looking up and laughing at both the boys.

"What happened?" asked the boys in unison and then looked at each other and then actually looked at each other. Both of them burst out laughing pointing at each other and then realization seemed to have set in together. The laughter stopped as they stared at each other and then turned to look at me where I stood giggling. It was my signal to start running and I did just that before any of them could grab me. I picked up my lehenga(long skirt) so as not to trip on the stairs . I could hear them coming my way, so turned to look at them to gauge the distance while still on the run. I hit a wall which held me in his arms before I could fall down. I looked up in surprise to find Rudra smirking down at me.