42

"All very moving, a reunited family ... get ready to suffer!" Darkest Thunder said, appearing in the restaurant.
Having said that Darkest Thunder launched a  lightning towards the table.
The distance was only 3 meters, the two speedster entered in flash time, but it was not enough, so Cassie accelerated even more entering into hyper flash time, pushed Nora and Caitlin away, only to realize at the last moment that Carla Tannhauser was about to be hit...
Cassie accelerated again, pushing her away just in time... in doing so, however, she was hurt by the discharge

By the time Nora realized what had just happened, Darkest Thunder was already gone.
She ran to her sister, her heart had stopped beating, in her wide open eyes there were numerous white red yellow and blue lightning bolts... she had several wounds and burns on her face, chest and arms, yet none showed any signs of healing.
Usually after an injury Cassie's skin began to emit icy vapors, and she regenerated at a rate 100 times faster than any other speedster, but now she didn't seem to heal.

"Caitlin what happened?" Carla asked

"Grandma, he is Darkest Thunder, I'll explain the rest to you later, we need to get Cassie to the hospital now!" Nora said therefore all there.

"What happened?" An emergency room doctor said

"She was struck by lightning, launched by a meta-human, she is a meta-human to, with powers of regeneration, but she doesn't heal, her heart hasn't beaten for at least 31 seconds"

"How did you manage to be here so quickly?"

"Flash, it was him ... now take care of my sister, I have to go" said Nora walking away from the doctors

"Where are you going Nora?" Caitlin asked

"I'm going out of here, you know Cait ... just being in a hospital makes me feel bad," Nora said before leaving the hospital.

"Caitlin, let her go," Carla said holding her daughter's arm

"Mom, she's in a lot of pain, I can't leave her alone"

"You can clearly see that she needs to be alone ... then why did she call me grandma?"

hospital parking lot

While Nora was out in the hospital parking lot, Barry and Bart arrived
"Nora what happened?" Barry asked

"Dad we were at the restaurant with Grandma Carla, then he came ... Cassie saved all of us, but she was struck by a thunderbolt from Darkest Thunder"

"But will she recover?" Barry asked

"Dad his lightning strikes have a frequency that destabilizes our powers, you can get to lose them even for a few hours, the problem is that if she doesn't recover, she will die of her wounds! Bart go to the future, ask mom for help , I mean Caitlin ... you know what I mean! ... she must be taking care of Cassie, maybe she can ask her counterpart for help! "

"I don't think you should do that, it could mess up the timeline even more," Barry said, holding back the tears.

"Don't talk about it! I won't let my sister die because of me! I should have felt it was coming"

"Nora, how could you?"

"I can sense his presence ... just like you can sense other sprinters ...
I don't know why, but I feel it coming, we have ascertained that it is not my Savitar if you understand what I mean.
However its lightning strikes have the same frequency as mine, the different color is given by a strange blue aura that it produces, that makes lightning take on that ghostly blue-green color... "

"Wait, so he's your archenemy..."

"No, it is Cassie's more than anything else... he unlocked her powers by hitting her with lightning, and since then, so for 6 months for us, almost a year for Cassie, Darkest Thunder has been trying to kill her.
I shouldn't have stopped her "

"What you mean?"

"Cassie, during the first fight here in the past, when we all fought together as a family, she had him in her hand, she was going to kill him,for everything he's done to us. I know what it feels like, but I shouldn't have stopped her."

"Nora! Killing is never the solution, it changes you, you would no longer be yourself"

"When I did it ... it didn't change me that much" Nora said, before running away.