32

Iris was furious, she called a taxi and went to the S.T.A.R. Labs to take the time sphere a second time but, as she was about to light it, behind her a portal opened, from which the Iris of 2049 came out.

"Where, or rather when do you plan to go with that sphere?" Future's Iris said

"I want to understand why my daughter not even have my last name! Why did you lie to me? Now I have to understand what I did wrong and fix it!"

"Stop trying to control everything! Couples therapy with Barry, pretending to be right all the time, being so hypocritical that you complain about every secret when you're the one who has the most! All of this will end up ruining you!"

"Who do you think you are to judge me? You have abandoned your family, you have given up everything! I will not do it, I will fight for them to the end!"

The Iris of the future pressed a button on her watch and blocked the sphere's circuits, only to disappear into another portal.

2049

Iris stepped out of the portal into the STAR labs lounge, sat across from Barry and Caitlin and began to cry

"Iris what's wrong with you?" Barry asked

"Only now I understood why I ruined everything"

"What are you referring to?" Caitlin asked

"To everything I've done to you, Cait, my friend ... I'm so sorry!"

Flashback 2036

It was July 4th, everyone was together to celebrate, everyone except Iris hadn't shown up again after what happened with Nora and the surgery, and she had only made a few calls since, but hadn't been answering calls for 3 weeks, t was strange.

In the evening everyone was at the West house, they were in the middle of the celebrations when someone knocked on the door.

Caitlin went to open it, it was a cop

"May I speak to Bartholomew Henry Allen?"

"Is there any problem?"Singh said, getting up from the sofa

"Chief... we didn't know you were here!"

"I am a great friend of this family, I usually pass by to say hello, this time we directly celebrated together"

"We have a subpoena for Mr. Allen, from Iris West-Allen, on charges of cheating, polygamy and child abduction."

"This is the most incredible joke I've ever heard... anyway April 1st has already passed," Singh said making everyone laugh

"It's not a joke... here are the documents, the hearing is set for tomorrow, Mr. Allen is under arrest until then, where is he?"

"He's not here" Singh lied "He's at work"