20

At 12.30 Joe entered Jitters, Barry had arrived just before him, Caitlin Nora and Cassie were already waiting for him.

Joe sat down next to Barry in the seat across from Cassie.

"Joe, I'm glad you could join us" said Caitlin smiling

The 5 had a quick lunch, Barry didn't have much time but still wanted to spend time with all of them, eventually when they were done and were leaving Joe asked Cassie to talk.

"What did you want to talk to me about Grand..." Cassie abruptly stopped thinking about their meeting at CCPD

"About our relationship, about you, about what our family will be like ..."

"What would you like to know grand... sorry ..."

"Don't apologize, as strange as it is to me, you can call me that without a problem" Joe said, looking into her eyes

"Thanks Grandpa Joe, what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Well what do you do in life, your studies, what would you really like to do ..."

"I completed my medical studies but I put my specialization on pause, I was aiming for surgery or genetics or both, now I am completing my studies in physics with a PhD in quantum mechanics, I am working at CERN in Geneva ..."

"But you don't like it, do you?"

"What makes you think so?"

"I've been a detective for two thirds of my life, I see your voice trembles as you say it, you like science but ... you want something different from life, right?"

"You understood that in the future too ... after my doctorate, I think I will stop the specialization, I would like to join the police" Cassie said, taking off a huge weight

"Are you afraid that Barry and Caitlin will oppose?"

"No, the fact is that ... with my research I can help people all over the world, different laboratories are competing to hire me and I am only 16 years old ... I am afraid that in the police I will not be able to help as I should ..."

"Nora is right, you really are among the kindest and most generous people in the world...
Cassie, in the police you can help others in an incredible way, helping the families of the victims to find peace is only part of it, you can help all of them who need, you can be a source of inspiration and hope.
In this family this phrase has been said over and over, slow down and think, think about what you really want!" Joe said

"Thanks for everything Grandpa, I love you," Cassie said hugging him

A week had passed, it had been a fairly quiet period, however something unexpected was about to happen: in the middle of the city, apparently out of nowhere appeared what no one would have thought of seeing again, Zoom.

Barry, Nora, Bart and Cassie arrived on site in seconds creating a blast that smashed every glass in the block.

"Barry, I'm happy to see you again, I can't wait to destroy you and your friends, but first tell me, who are you three new Speedsters?"

"Zolomon this is something between you and me, don't put them in the way"

"Oh they are your children ... it will be fun to use them to make you suffer. Who should I start with the three of them, Joe, Iris or the usual Caitlin?"

"Try to get close to my mother and you will regret being born ... but since you already do, you will beg me to let you die" Cassie said without believing what she was saying.