22

"911 what's the emergency?"

"I'm Dr. Caitlin Allen, MD, it's my daughter, I think she has a perforation of the appendix, if not worse, send an ambulance" said the doctor in tears

"There was a rear-end collision, all the rescuers are busy, I can send you a unit but it will arrive in at least 45 minutes, the roads are blocked"

Caitlin was silent... she couldn't call Barry or Wally they were camping without cell phones to find themselves and rest

"Doctor are you still on the line?"

"Yes I am, tell the ambulance to bring 3 no 4 units of blood, saline and some antibiotics"

"For what reason?"

"My daughter doesn't have 45 minutes which will become 1 hour if not more, I have everything I need, I'm about to start the surgery!" Caitlin said closing the call

"Cecile, take a brown leather case from my purse, it contains surgical instruments, it is my mother's wedding present, put them in a pot of water on the stove and boil them.

Jenna, take some bleach from the cleaning products cabinet, pass it all over the table after removing the tablecloth, then wipe the residue with clean towels after passing them for a minute in the clear microwave!!!"

Caitlin took Nora in her arms and placed her on the table, took off her shirt, and the clothes that stretched her skin putting the safety of the incision at risk.

After washing her hands and putting on the gloves, she took the scalpel and raised it to the height of her eyes, the blade glinted in the light, the doctor slowly turned it until the thread aligned with the light, then prepared to make the first incision on her daughter's side.

As she said on the phone it took over an hour for the ambulance to arrive but the operation had gone well.

When they arrived at the hospital, Nora was stable, Caitlin stayed with her holding her hand until a nurse pushed her away saying, "Leave it to the doctors!"

Caitlin glared at her before yelling at her, "I'm Dr. Caitlin Snow, MD, I have a major in surgery and genetics, I removed her appendix in less than 35 minutes on the kitchen table, I go in, if you want to stop me you need the police !!! "

It took a while for Caitlin to get permission to enter, and as soon as she reached the surgeons it was all over, in fact everyone agreed that the surgery had been more than perfect, so they took Nora to a room after just 30 minutes.

In less than an hour everyone was in the hospital, Barry had returned home and had found out everything from Cecile and had run to the hospital.

"Caitlin, what exactly happened?" Barry asked as he entered Nora's room

"She got into a fight with those three school girls who bully all her friends, she got kicked in the belly, that inconsiderate doctor ..." Caitlin broke off and I started crying "That doctor without even visiting her said Nora was fine.... instead, when she got home, her appendix got punctured...
I couldn't contact you, an ambulance couldn't arrive in time, I couldn't risk taking her by car here with the risk of traffic for the accident on the highway so ... "

"So what Cait?" Barry asked sitting next to her

"I had the surgery on her at home, I removed her appendix in less than 35 minutes, on average it takes at least 40, here in the hospital they checked my work and now she's fine"