33

Nora ran to Caitlin's apartment, she knew she was home now, and knocked on the door hoping she was awake

"Hi Mom, can I come in?" Nora said as Caitlin opened the door

"Sure Nora, but what happened to your face?" Caitlin asked, touching her already livid cheek

"It's complicated, can I please sleep here with you and Cassie? I know Aunt Frost is out of town."

"Sure but tomorrow we'll talk, I'll leave you my bed, and I'll sleep on the sofa"

"No mom please, I'll sleep with Cassie, I need to talk to her about something else, about the future ..."

"Okay, Nora"

Nora knocked on Cassie's door, closed the door behind her as she entered, and sat down next to her sister

"Nora, what happened to your face?"

"Iris ... she found out that I no longer have her surname!"

"I was right that woman only caused trouble! You and Bart are the only good things she's done!"

"Cassie, even though I consider Cait my mother, Iris is my mother, I can't ignore it!"

"When she came back she tried to get my mom and me away, then she denounced dad and tried to take the three of us, she gave up custody, hoping to cancel the process, once it failed she disappeared for another 5 years. Then she reappeared as if nothing had happened, saying that she was being treated by a psychiatrist for post traumatic stress disorder caused initially by the mirrorverse experience and then increased by all the changes, that she had alcohol problems, but that she was in rehab, it took another 2 years for her to be sober again!

The prescriptions of her drugs are twice the normal dose, and I met her doctor and he was thinking of increasing them, now she is fine...

... but I remind you that it is only thanks to Dawn, that dad insisted that she be her goddaughter, if she is with us again, she has taken care of her more than you two at moments. I understand that she is your mother but ... "

"Cassie, she is my mother and then it's not true ... she took care of me too ..."

"She discovered that "Jack", was the diminutive of Jacqueline, only at the wedding! At times she didn't even know that you ..."

"Listen Cassie, she is my mother, I can't ignore this, maybe I made a mistake in changing my surname ..."

"Nora! You didn't want to get away from her because you were afraid she would come back and then abandon you again!

You wanted to change it to Snow-Allen because you wanted Caitlin to be your mother so you wouldn't be alone anymore, but in the end you wanted to keep a bond with her!"

The next morning Caitlin went into their room to wake them up, saw them asleep hugging together

"Wake up girls, breakfast is ready!"

"Mom, another 5 minutes! Please?" Nora said with a smile

"I love that word ..." Caitlin thought, smiling more and more

"Come on Nora don't be lazy as usual" Cassie said, dragging her out of bed as she struggled holding onto the covers.

"Nora, you are no longer a child! You are almost 27!"

"I know little sister, but I haven't slept so well in months"

The three were having breakfast together when Caitlin's phone started ringing