9

Barry was so anxious about the evening that he arrived 30 minutes early, he spent the whole time looking impatiently at his watch waiting for Caitlin.
Seeing her enter his heart went racing and he
gasped, she was wearing a simple dress, but this time something in her it was different and Barry could not resist.

The two spent a special evening, a more romantic evening, after the coffees they went to a new restaurant that had just opened, they spent the evening with a romantic dinner and a walk in the park with a full moon.

Arriving at Caitlin's house they looked into each other's eyes before exchanging a kiss.

"Barry, It was an amazing night ..." Caitlin said smiling

"Caitlin, sorry ... I have to understand something ..." he said running away

Barry went back to Joe's house, it wasn't too late so he expected to find them still up and they did.

Nora and Bart had been sleeping peacefully for hours while Joe Cecile and Jenna were watching TV.

"Hi Barry, how did the evening go? Dad didn't want to say anything to mom and me! He said you had to do something important, it was a date, right?!?" Jenna exclaimed as soon as she saw him enter

"Well... I can't say it, to be honest I'm glad Joe didn't give too many details, anyway I'd like to talk to him alone," Barry said.

The girls went upstairs leaving them alone,

"What did you want to talk to me about, son?"

"I think I'm even more confused than before... the night was amazing... then Cait and I kissed... Now I feel guilty, maybe it's really too soon" Barry stopped and started to cry "It's not fair to Iris, I still love her, I don't understand...." he looked at the wedding ring he still had on his finger "I seem to hurt her, I don't even know if she is alive or not"

Joe started crying in turn, hugging Barry, the disappearance of Iris was an open wound that did not seem to heal, on the contrary, it was bleeding more and more

"Barry, I can only tell you one thing: do whatever you think is best! The fact that a short time has passed doesn't mean you have to get stuck, you know what happened after Francine, it took me years to find someone..." Joe paused for a moment to catch his breath between tears "Nora loves auntie Cait, she's been taking care of Bart all this time, and if she makes you happy, don't get attached to a memory that risks it will take you to the bottom".

Barry thanked Joe and ran out to Caitlin's apartment, knocked on the door

"Barry..." Caitlin said as she opened the door

"Cait, sorry I left in a hurry, but I needed to understand something" Barry said

"Did you get it?" she asked puzzled

"Yes, I do" Barry replied before kissing her

"I love you Caitlin Snow" he said after the kiss

"I love you Barry Allen" she said smiling

"Now sorry I have to go, I don't want to spend another night away from my children"

Barry said walking away, "Wait!" she said, "Does that mean we're together?"

Barry smiled and said "Yes Cait".