6

Iris ran away, went back to the loft and locked herself in the bathroom...
she was shocked...
It had taken Bart months to call her Mom and now she thought she understood why: Barry and Caitlin got married when he was one year old, and from what she had heard it seemed that he considered Cait his mother and not her.

She started crying leaning against the sink, trying to mask the sound with the tap running (in case Barry was back).After several minutes of crying she looked in the mirror and, letting out a last desperate cry,she punched it, shattering it.

As blood dripped from her hand, she thought about what was going to happen between her and Barry.
Had they divorced and she had left them? 
Had they divorced and had Barry pushed her away from their children?
Had Barry left her taking their children with him?
Had she died in the future, like Barry during the Crisis, and Caitlin had taken her place?

Each of these ideas was more absurd than the previous one but the doubt remained.
She sat motionless on the ground for several minutes, the blood had stopped flowing naturally due to the past time, she hadn't lost too much of it, the wounds were superficial.
Meanwhile the morning had arrived and she kept on and on thinking, in the end she decided ...
she would take Thawne's sphere from her and find out the truth for herself, since no one gave her an explanation.

It was 6:30 am, the sun was rising, Iris had arrived at the time sphere, set the coordinates, she would arrive seconds after the departure of the young speedsters.
The trip went as planned, the landing not quite, she crashed in a park just a few minutes' walk from her father's house.

When she arrived, she saw the house with the windows completely destroyed and the front door missing, she was about to enter, when from inside she heard the frightened voice of her father
"Iris, are you okay ?! Haven't you met him?! Anyway, I'm glad you are alright... but what are you doing here now? You said the flight from Chicago had been canceled and you would be arriving tomorrow for lunch! Did you want to surprise us?"
She plucked up courage and said "I'm the Iris of 2021, I'm here because I want to understand what will happen to me in the future"

As she said this, she looked at Caitlin, she had not visibly aged, she was sitting on the sofa motionless, her eyes were wide, she was clearly embarrassed, the two women looked at each other, but not with a mean look, but with a questioning one.
As soon as Barry got home the three started talking, the tension in the air was palpable.
"Iris, we can't tell you much because" Barry began

"Stop with this timeline thing, I came here because I'm sick of hearing that !!" Iris said in tears

"The truth is that we don't know exactly, we can tell you something, without going into details, okay?" Caitlin said

"Okay," Iris replied.

barry began to tell the whole story:
"It was 2029, now 21 years ago, Bart was just born and we had just arrived home ..."

flashback

"Honey I gave birth 3 days ago, the doctors say I have to start doing things normally so you don't need to carry me inside the house" said Iris,

"Okay" Barry said, as he got out of the car "But I'm taking Bart inside, you have to rest...

Just know you're not taking the stairs tonight, tonight I will take you up, otherwise you will sleep on the sofa!".

As Barry was entering the house, with little Bart in his arms, there was an earthquake and a wave of blue-green light swept through the whole city.
When Barry turned to check on his wife, realized that she was missing.

Barry ran to the S.T.A.R. with the baby in her arms and said "Help me, we were just back home when ..."

"Barry what's happened?" Caitlin interrupted

"Iris is gone!!!" Barry said in desperation.