Chapter 26

"You better not be going out there to get a coffee

"You better not be going out there to get a coffee. Your vibrato needs to be sharp on this one." Eric scolded as Raya walked to the door.

"I'll get tea, just for you." She replied with a smile before making her way out, going to the main floor.

It was late and the main cafe was closed, so she went to the lounge, where all the ingredients were available so she could help herself. She grabbed a mug and a teabag, pouring some boiling water in, and waited quietly for it to brew.

"So, you're back." A familiar voice spoke up from behind her making her turn around, seeing Andre. "Where was my phone call?"

"I was getting around to that." Raya simply responded, looking back to her cup, grabbing some sugar packets, dumping them inside her cup.

"Look, if this ain't what you want anymore, just let me know," Andre spoke up. "You've been ignoring my texts, not getting back to my calls. Don't try and play me out here."

"You're right," Raya admitted looking at him once more. "This isn't what I want anymore. And it's nothing against you, but I just don't feel like dealing with men right now. I'm over it."

"That's unfortunate to hear."

"I know." Raya nodded softly as she grabbed her drink. "I gotta get back to my session. But you keep doing you." Patting his shoulder softly, she walked past him. "It'll work out for you in the end. I can feel it."

What she said wasn't a complete lie. She was over it... well over him. And she wasn't down to continue to spend all her valuable free time entertaining a nigga that she wasn't even really feeling in the first place. The whole situation made her feel like she should've just stuck to ruling men out of the equation for her 'cause they honestly brought more drama than a female did.

Raya's phone buzzed once she got into the elevator, and after pulling it out, she checked the notification.

Chance: wyd?

Raya just rolled her eyes, slipping her phone into her back pocket.

See, drama.