Chapter 1

Symone walked inside the restaurant, her eyes scanning around the semi packed establishment for her dates

Symone walked inside the restaurant, her eyes scanning around the semi packed establishment for her dates. She had been invited to an urgent girls' lunch with her closest friends Liana, Iris, and Elisa. And, of course, with the way driving in LA worked, she was the last one to arrive.

Once she spotted them, she rushed over with a smile, placing her bag on the back of the empty seat awaiting her. "Hey, ladies."

"Hey! You made it!" Liana smiled as Symone took her seat.

"Sorry I'm late, there was traffic," Symone told them.

"That's the excuse you always use." Iris teased.

"It's not an excuse this time." Symone insisted.

Elisa gave her an amused look, flipping some of her brown hair over her shoulder. "Yup. I bet you and Levi were causing a hell of alot of traffic."

"Shut up." Symone tried to fight a smile but ultimately failed, making the three girls around her laugh. She cleared her throat before her eyes fell on Elisa, a smile reappearing on her face. "So... lemme see!" She excitedly demanded.

Elisa just turned away from her with a slightly embarrassed smile, extending her left hand in her direction. Symone's eyes widened as she took in the large engagement ring on her finger. "God damn."

"I know! That's exactly what I said!" Elisa agreed excitedly. "I can't believe he finally did it."

"Okay, so, you really gotta walk us through this girl. All caps in the group chat ain't enough." Iris insisted.

Iris and Liana's excitement couldn't be contained as they sat at the edge of their seats, listening to Elisa explain every detail of her proposal story.

As Symone continued to listen, she started to get comfortable, leaning back in her seat and sipping on her glass of water, a realization hitting her.

She was finally at the age where she and her friends could seriously discuss marriage. At 26 years old, her friends were starting to make lifelong commitments, and it just reminded her about how everyone was in different phases of their adult lives.