Chapter 13

Slipping back into the house, Michael kicked off her heels

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Slipping back into the house, Michael kicked off her heels. After her conversation with Romeo, she enjoyed the ambiance for a while and left. She didn't feel like staying out too late, and had a strong desire to get back to her home.

Plus, she had a lot on her mind, thanks to Rome's proposition.

Making her way upstairs, she checked on her son, who was sound asleep, before going into her bedroom, seeing Derek entertaining himself with Netflix as he waited up for her.

"Hey, you're back." He smiled softly. "How was it?"

"It was fun. But at the end of it all, I just wanted to be back here." She admitted, taking a seat next to him.

"So you didn't have fun?" He concluded. "You look too good to not have a good time." He complimented as he eyed her in her dress.

Their relationship would be nothing without the trust they built early on. Only Derek would let his girl go out to a club by herself wearing a tight and slightly revealing dress to go meet up with her a friend, who was a guy, and have no worries.

Because he trusted her.

It was definitely a concern in the beginning, but they learned each other quickly, and having a son just increased their bond and their trust in each other.

He chose her, and she chose him.

Once that was established, everything else was easy.

"No. No. I did." She assured. "Just missed you guys, that's all." Climbing on top of him, she rested her head on his shoulder. "How was Daylen?"

"He stayed asleep since you left, so he was good."

"That's good." Lifting her head up, she kissed his cheek. "I'm gonna go get ready for bed."

Now that the season had started, she got to see more of him when he had home games, which made her happy, seeing that he could be more a part of Daylen's school experience. He was able to be there on his first day with her and send him off with a hug, kiss, and an encouraging smile, which meant a lot to her.

Things were working so well just the way they were.

Would she honestly be able to handle being a working mom if she took Rome up on his offer?

She knew she couldn't be a stay at home mother forever. But she didn't know when  it would the right to jump back into it.

Was there even a right time to do anything?

Michael just decided that she'd sleep on it and give Romeo a response in the morning.

All she really wanted to do was get into some comfy pajamas, cuddle with her man, and go to sleep.

The nightlife clearly wasn't for her anymore.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.