Chapter 11

"I feel like shit," Marcus spoke as he walked side by side with Symone while an airport worker pushed their suitcases in a cart beside them

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I feel like shit," Marcus spoke as he walked side by side with Symone while an airport worker pushed their suitcases in a cart beside them.

"I'm the one that's supposed to be bitching and complaining about the draining album release press run." Symone retorted. "Some kind of manager you are." She teased with a soft smile, adjusting the shades on her face.

"Whatever. I'm just finally happy I'm back home. And all this is over."

Symone's album had finally been released, and they had spent the last two months living out of their suitcases. Traveling around the country and abroad, Symone did different promotional activities to keep up the buzz around her and her album.

She was everywhere in magazines, on billboards, on the radio, and on television. It reminded Symone of the type of press runs she had to participate in for Trinity.

The only way it all went so smoothly was the fact that her team was upgraded. She now had a stylist, who handled her wardrobe, an agent, who worked alongside Marcus to keep her schedule booked, and Marcus even found himself an assistant.

Marcus was in the works of starting an actual management company. He now had two popular female artists he was managing, and he wanted to grow and take his profession with an extra sense of seriousness.

After bugging Mo with all of his ideas and plans she was happy they now had this down time where he could put those thoughts into action.

They both had things they wanted to accomplish now that they had the time.

"I can finally find a house." Symone smiled happily as they reached their driver who was taking them to Marcus'.

"You better get a whole bachelorette pad." Marcus insisted. "I want pool parties galore. I wanna hear about you thottin' on social media."

"Oh, shut up." She rolled her eyes. "Thank you." She quickly smiled politely to the driver, who held the door open for her, sliding inside the vehicle. "This ain't the Trinity house." She told Marcus.

"The Trinity house should've been saved for memory," Marcus stated. "Shit used to go down over there back in the day."

"Yeah, 'cause we were 18 and had enough money to take care of ourselves, so adults couldn't tell us shit." She smiled as she thought of that time in her life. "But that's behind us now, onto better and more sophisticated things."

"Well, I wish you all the luck."

"Thank you." Symone smiled.

Once they reached Marcus' house, the pair went their separate ways. Symone took her car and went to pick up Devante's dogs from Elisa's home, and got take-out before finally making her way to Devante's home.

"Alright, have fun." Symone let the dogs off their leashes once they reached the backyard, leaving her to bring her stuff inside the guest house.

It wasn't until she got everything inside that she realized how much of a mess she had left the place. She didn't know how, but Marcus had managed to get everything she had left behind at her old home, to the guest house.