Chapter 24

Omari had every right in the world to hype up his birthday party, because as soon as Symone stepped foot into the spot, it was like she was transported into another world

The place was packed with bodies and Mo could feel Omari's carefree energy in the air. Everyone knew if it was a function hosted by the man himself, all of their problems had to be left at the door.

People filled the dance floor, and Symone had to decline at least four workers who came around to offer her and her girls Liana, Iris, and Elisa free drinks.

With how serious Omari was about her attending his birthday celebration, Symone even bought him a gift. And she did nothing more than extend the black bag his way with a smile once she finally caught him trying to breeze his way through the crowd.

"No, you didn't!" He spoke over the music with a smile, grabbing it.

"I did." She smiled. "Open it!"

Omari wasted no time, digging into the bag, and pulling out a jewelry box. "YO!" he beamed once his eyes set on the gold chain inside. She had the piece attached to it custom made, it was his zodiac sign all decked out with diamonds and gold. Instantly, Omari pulled her into a hug, lifting her up, making her laugh. "I love it. Thank you so much."

"Maybe that'll make up for me forgetting about it for the last couple years." She joked, making him smile.

"You better enjoy yourself. Before I make you dance on me again." He threatened, making her laugh.

"I'd have no problem with that."

"Don't tempt me now." Pointing at her, he walked away to put his unexpected but appreciated gift in the back room where it was safe.

That left the girls to get swept up in the vibe of the night. They sang along to the songs, danced, took a couple shots, and, of course, recorded some videos for memory. Mo even found herself taking pictures with a few fans and friends who wanted to commemorate the night. Omari had literally invited anyone and everyone to party with him.

Later in the night, Symone had to call a time-out and find somewhere to take off her heels. She found the VIP section reserved for the birthday boy and crew and quickly kicked off her red bottoms, starting to massage her aching feet.

"Damn, it's that serious, huh?" Alex questioned as he took a seat next to her.

"These shoes kill me. I'm surprised I'm not bleeding." She stretched out her feet, wiggling her toes to relieve some of the soreness. "When'd you get here? I didn't see you."

"Probably like an hour ago or something." He responded. "I've been around."

"I've been around." She mimicked, making him smile and push her shoulder. Symone didn't hesitate to push him back.

"Really?" Alex just gave her a look. "When you were really just rubbing on your feet with those hands?"

"Don't try and play me right now." She warned with a smile.