Chapter 15

"Only you would relocate your ass all the way to Calabasas and call our asses to help you move your shit," Omari commented

His voice made Symone turn from her position, standing in her empty living room to see him coming into the room with yet another box.

As much as it made sense for her to hire a moving team and do it all the simple way, she wanted to be apart of the process. And in an attempt to make up for all the missed time with her closest male friends, she recruited Omari, Vante, Alex, and Chance to help move her things from Vante's to her new place.

She was just lucky they all agreed.

She ended up falling in love with the place she saw at the beginning of December, and after doing some renovations, she was able to move in at the beginning of the new year. And she was just happy she didn't have to move everything on her own.

"Where do you want this?" Vante asked as he made his way into the house with a box.

Symone just looked at what was written on the box. "Upstairs."

"Master bedroom?"

"Yup."

"How long you gonna stand there shocked?" Alex asked as he made his way inside while Vante went to the staircase.

"Until I feel like this shit is real," Symone replied.

It was a big change for her. This house was a big upgrade from the one she lived in before, and as much as she was excited about it, her excitement got overshadowed by different things.

She had her first face-to-face conversation with Levi since their separation.

Since she was investing in a new home, it meant she had to let the old one go, and finally cut the last thread she had attached to Levi.

That sit down was tough and ended up with her crying in her car. But it provided her with the kind of closure she needed in order to move on. He had a job and was doing well on his own and didn't need her monetary or emotional support.

Symone settling into her new environment was her turning a page to a new chapter.

"It's pretty fuking real to me." He quipped back as he walked around her.

"I don't think she can handle a place this big." Chance teased, appearing at her side. "You even know how you decorating this place?"

"Y'know, I don't get why you don't just stay at mine until you actually have furniture and food in this place," Vante spoke up as he came down the stairs.

"Because it's been over six months and I don't think either of us thought I'd be staying that long." She pointed out.

"What's two days gon hurt?" He asked.

"Your hoes, and maybe even your dick." Omari quipped as he walked past the group, Vante kicking at his leg as they all laughed.

"Yeah, that." Symone agreed with a smile. "Don't worry. I'm going grocery shopping tonight, and I'm buying my ass an air mattress. And my furniture starts coming in, in the morning. I got this. You don't gotta keep worrying about me." She patted Devante's shoulder before she started to walk away to join in on the process of bringing things inside.