Chapter 9

"What kind of fucking Tomfoolery is this?" Symone asked as she looked out the window as Marcus pulled into the driveway

She was back in LA to get back into grind mode for the album, and once Marcus got filled in about her current situation, he offered to take matters into his own hands. He told her he'd find her a place to stay so she could focus on work and have a little less on her plate. Symone trusted him, so she didn't ask any follow-up questions.

Now that she arrived, straight from the airport, she realized she should've asked follow-up questions.

"Be open-minded," Marcus told her.

"What the hell do you mean 'be opened minded'?! This is Devante's house!"

Marcus put the car in park. "Get out of the car, Symone."

"Marcus, what the hell?!" She snapped as she got out of the car and snatched her bag. "I thought you meant you found me an apartment or was giving me your couch. And you got Devante out of all people to give me a place to stay?!"

"He knew I wouldn't hesitate to say yes." A new voice spoke.

Symone just spun around with a sharp inhale. She didn't expect him to come outside to greet them or hear her bitch and complain to her manager.

"Vante." She breathed out, an embarrassed smile coming on her face. "Hi, Vante."

"Hi, Symone

"Hi, Symone." He smiled back, making his way over to the two of them, hugging her gently. "How you holding up?"

"I'm alright." She responded. "Just a little confused as to why you're letting me stay in your obnoxiously large house."

"Because I'm on tour and leave in a couple days to get back into it. And 'cause I love you like a sister, and I got your back." He informed.

Symone just hugged him once more. Since her split with Levi, she'd been given so much love and encouragement, it was heartwarming. To get an invitation to stay with one of her childhood friends, who she hadn't seen in years, was a little crazy, but she knew he had the best intentions.