Chapter 21

Symone grabbed another bag of chips from her pantry before going back to the living room

Symone grabbed another bag of chips from her pantry before going back to the living room. Her last bag of red Doritos was currently being held hostage by Alex, who sat casually on her couch, leading her to have to settle for Sun Chips.

"I swear you're here more than your own house." She commented as she took a seat.

They now only lived twenty minutes away from each other, while the rest of their crew recited a good hour away in LA. Because of that, the two of them found it easier to make plans to hang with each other than making a day trip to Vante's house.

And after the stunt she pulled in Vegas, Alex was the one they all went to when they wanted to check up on her and not seem overbearing.

"Why are you sitting over there for?" He asked, glancing at her. "Come sit here." He gestured to the spot next to him.

"Why can't I sit by myself?" She asked with a smile.

"Cause you have a guest over, you're not about to sit with your guest?"

"You're not a guest." She smiled, getting up, sitting next to him, putting her feet up.

Alex just waved her off before looking around at the walls of her living room. "When you gonna let me paint one of your walls?"

Symone instantly pulled a face. "What? Never."

"Never?" He repeated with a chuckle.

"My house is all nice and fresh, and you wanna spray paint on my wall? No."

"I like how you decorated everything by the way." He complimented. "Looks better than the old house."

"I like it too." She agreed happily.

She was going into her third month of living at her new place, she still had some things to get together, but it felt like home to her. That was the most important thing.

"Better not get no nigga to move in here and fuck it up."

"Funny." She sarcastically responded.

"What's going on with that by the way?"

"Who? Levi? Nothing. I haven't seen him or talked to him in a while. He's not on my mind like that."

"Really?"

"Like, of course, I think about him, but it's not like I wanna run back to him and this and that. I just wanna make sure he's okay."

Even after the whole catching him with another girl thing, she didn't want to hold any anger in her heart. The bigger picture was that she cared about was his well-being. And if he was doing fine, she didn't need to push further than that.

"That's not your job anymore, though." Alex reminded.

"Yeah I know. But that's just me."

"You're hard-headed."