Chapter 5

"Felicity, I am going to kill you," Michael whispered into the phone as she hid out in her basement after emergency dialing her sister

"Felicity, I am going to kill you," Michael whispered into the phone as she hid out in her basement after emergency dialing her sister. "Mom said she's staying a month. How can she stay a month?!"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Play sick. You're the baby. She's gonna drop everything for you."

"I'm in the middle of something right now."

Michael just let out a breath. "You do not have your little ass boyfriend in Mama's house doing grown folks tings while she's terrorizing me!"

"You know we're long distance!"

"You know you're only 20, right?" Michael snapped back. "I should kill you. You ain't even warn me she was coming."

"She told me she told you!"

"You know she ain't tell me shit, Felicity!"

Derek got up from his position on the couch and walked over to his girlfriend, seeing that she was getting heated the more she was on the phone. "Alright, you're done." He pulled the phone from her grasp. "This obviously ain't going the way you want it to."

"Why does she always need to fight with me?" Michael questioned. "Why you gotta do me like that, Felice!" She shouted towards the phone.

"Yeah. Felicity, she'll call you back." Derek spoke into the phone. "And learn from your sister's missteps. Wrap it up."

"You did not just say that to my-"

Michael was cut off by Derek quickly getting Felicity off of the phone.

"Love you too, girl. Byyyee." Derek smiled before hanging up the phone.

Michael didn't hesitate to hit her man a couple times. "You're fucking annoying, bro!"

"Will you relax?" Derek requested as he placed his hands on her shoulders. "Look at me." He ordered softly, Michael's eyes meeting his. "The only one that's really having a problem with your Mom being around is you."

"So you have no issue that with the fact she doesn't like you and has invaded our house unannounced?"

"Are you not gonna appreciate the fact that her watching Daylen gives you more time for yourself." He pointed out. "All you've been doing is bending over backward tryna prove to your mother that you got it all figured out. You always do this."

"She's never proud of me, you know that," Michael argued back. "I get her out of the projects, I make sure she's set up good, make sure she's not bored and goes on vacations. And she still finds some stupid ass flaw or- or says something slick, and I can't handle it. I can't do it. I'm stressing out. And she wonders why I don't invite her here."

She frustratedly ran her fingers through her hair as she removed herself from his grasp, walking to the other side of the room and exhaling deeply, trying to compose herself.