Deep Breaths (angst + lemon)

⚠️Trigger warning: hallucinations and violence⚠️

C/N POV:

Stupid chemistry. What's even the point of this shit anyway?

I sigh to myself, slightly shaking my head and rereading the same question for the umpteenth time. I put my pencil into the table harshly, leaning back in my chair and trying to calm down.

"The answer is B."

I look in front of me, only to see a guy I've never met before.

Must be a new student.

"You probably should quiet down a bit, man. We're in a library, you know. You could get in trouble for that."

The guy slightly shrugs, sitting down in the chair across from me. I try to ignore his presence, continuing to work on my chemistry homework. I circle the answer the guy gave me, having nothing else to go off of. I move on to the next problem, running into the same issue as before. I clench my fists, trying to keep my anger under control.

"Take deep breaths. It should help you to calm down."

Who the hell does this guy think he is, my therapist? Who am I kidding? I don't even have a therapist anymore.

"I'll deal with my anger how I want to, thank you. You're not my therapist."

"I know I'm not, but it seems like you need help with getting your anger under control."

"The fuck do you know about my anger?"

"I guess it's just evident that you could use some help with being less angry all the time."

I run my fingers through my hair to try and maintain my composure, hanging onto my last piece of self control.

"I really don't appreciate you treating me like this, so I'm gonna have to ask you to move."

The guy leans back in his chair, crossing his arms behind his head.

"Nah, I don't think I will."

"Just- please move. I'm trying to do my work and your interrupting me."

He shakes his head, propping his feet up on the table like he's in a beach chair.

This asshole...

"Move."

"No."

"All I'm asking you to do is move. How is that so difficult?"

"It's not difficult. I just don't want to."

I stand up and try to grab at his shirt collar, only for him to dodge me just in time.

"Alright, alright, fine. I'll go."

He stands up, dusting himself off and walking to the door.

"See you later."

I hope not.

The guy walks out the door with a smirk, leaving me by myself at my table.

Finally.

I look around, a confused expression on my face when I see everyone's judging glares. I roll my eyes and get back to work, ignoring the several pairs of eyes on me.

~*time skip*~

"Have you seen the new student, (C/N's friend)?"

(C/N's friend) looks at me, confused.

"New student?"

"Yeah, the new student who came in during lunch. He interrupted me at lunch when I was trying to do my chemistry homework. He was being a dick the entire time until I tried to swing at hi-"