Sweetheart (angst + slight horror + lime)

ar1xisu request

⚠️Trigger warning: mention of stabbing⚠️

C/N POV:

I step out of my car, closing the door behind me. I take a deep breath, attempting to mentally prepare myself for what's to come. I pull my badge out of my bag and carry it with me, stepping inside the psychiatric facility for my first day of work. The reality of my upcoming task slowly begins to set in, my hands slightly quivering with anxiety.

Just going to meet with my first ever client who is a literal serial killer. No big deal.

I show the receptionist my badge and state my name. She gives me a clipboard to sign. I grab a nearby pen and put it to the paper, my handwriting slightly shaky from the way my hand are trembling.

"First day?"

I hear the receptionist's question and nod, smiling nervously.

"Am I that obvious?"

"Honestly, yes. Firstly, I've never seen you here before. Secondly, you're shivering like a leaf and you only just got here."

I rub the back of my neck with embarrassment, finally finishing my signature with my other hand. I hand her the clipboard and put the pen back where I found it.

"By the way, C/N?"

I turn to her, waiting for her to continue.

"You'll be alright in there. I'm sure you'll do well. You've got this. Alright?"

I smile politely, thanking her before walking through the doors leading to my portion of the facility. I take a glance around the place, taking in the environment, nurses & doctors roaming the hallways and patients completing various activities.

I hear a shriek from the side of the lobby and look over, anxiety building up at the sight. A patient is holding a pen and putting it to the chest of one of the doctors, threatening to stab him. My body moves on it's own before I can think, hurrying over to try and deescalate the situation.

"Hey, buddy. Why don't you put the pen down, yeah?"

"Why should I? The doctors keep trying to pump me full of drugs. This one is going to pay the price."

"They're not trying to 'pump [you] full of drugs'. They're trying to help you."

"That's what they all say."

"I know it's hard to believe, especially with the way some other facilities you may have been at before this one may have treated you, but the doctors really do have good intentions. They're just trying to help you feel better. Okay?"

The patient hesitates for a second before putting the pen down, taking a step back and nodding.

"Alright, fine."

I give the patient a gentle smile, watching as he walks back in the direction of what I assume is his room.

"Thank you, Dr. C/N."

"It's no problem at all."

I see another patient out of the corner of my eye, watching me. Curious, I turn to face him, examining him. He's around 5 feet and 10 inches (around 177 cm) tall, towering over me. He has prominent eye bags, making him look exhausted.

He's really attractive...

I realize what I'm thinking and blink rapidly, slightly shaking my head. I hurriedly leave the lobby, speed walking down the hallway leading to my office. I approach the door to my room at the end of the hallway and I take my badge out, putting it over the scanner to unlock the door. I hear a click noise and turn the door handle, taking my first step into my office.