Glory, pt. 2 (angst + fluff)

A/N: There will be a possibly triggering moment later in the story. It will be labeled with ⚠️ emojis both before and after the scene in question in case you need to skip the scene. This story is all religion based, just as the last part. If religious references trigger you (due to religious trauma or something similar), you probably shouldn't read this story.

C/N POV:

I walk out of my car and toward my front door, sulking because I had to go home. I knock on my front door, backpack in hand. My mom opens the door with a cold, distant look on her face.

"Come in."

I nod and come inside, shutting and locking he door behind me.

"How was your time at Y/N's, C/N?"

"It was really nice. I had fun."

"Did you remember to read your Bible before bed, C/N?"

I nod, noticing her strange behavior and try to shrug it off.

"What about your prayers? Did you pray last night before you slept?"

"Yes, I did, just as you told me."

"Good. Now, then, your father wants you to help him clean the back yard for a few hours. Go out to help him."

"Yes, ma'am."

I drop my backpack onto the living room floor behind a couch, heading out to the back yard.

~*time skip*~

I come inside, sweaty and tired from cutting and storing wood for three hours. I grab a drink of water from the kitchen and head upstairs to my room, ready to go to sleep.

I get to my bedroom, looking inside and noticing that my room is totally empty. A wave of panic washes over me as I turn to the stairs and practically run back down.

"What happened to my stuff, mom?"

"Don't be deceitful toward me, C/N."

I look at her, confused.

"What did I do?"

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: HOMOPHOBIA⚠️

"Just look at the marks on your neck!"

She promptly points to my neck with an angry look on her face. I think for a second and realize what she was referring to, my blood running cold.

"Mom, I can explain."

"Go ahead, then. Explain why you have the marks of one of them."

I feel tears prick at the corner of my eyes as I swallow nervously. I take a deep breath before I speak.

"Something accidentally fell onto me when I was at Y/N's house. It hit my neck and left these bruises."

That was a stupid excuse.

"That's a blatant lie, and you know it. What actually made those marks, C/N?"

"Okay, fine. They're actually bug bites. I didn't want to say anything in case you wouldn't allow me to go over to Y/N's house again."

My mom gives me a look of disdain, glaring at me. I look into her eyes and see nothing but disappointment and hatred, realizing that I can't get out of this.

Fuck.

"C/N."

I look up at her, my face pale with fear.

"Leave my house immediately."

Tears stream down my face as I plead her to let me stay. Her voice is monotone and emotionless as she speaks.