Gender Dysphoria (angst + fluff)

Ajthegamer8272 request

Y/N POV:

I step off of the bus and trudge down the concrete pathway, begrudgingly making my way to the front door to my school. I yawn quietly into my hand and open the door, immediately being greeted by students catching each other up on their lives' events in the last 16.5 hours since they last saw each other, the squeaky sound of the one guy's suitcase backpack that he brings to school every day, and the blasting music coming from a portable speaker.

I already wanna go home.

I sigh to myself in exasperation and walk to my locker, ignoring the stares the other students are giving me.

I open my locker and grab my classroom binder, quickly closing my locker and turning toward the direction of my first class.

As I'm walking down the packed hallway, I can't help but notice the stares and quiet giggles the other students are directing at me.

What is their problem?

I roll my eyes and continue walking, trying to shrug off their weird looks.

~*time skip*~

The dismissal bell for the first class sounds over the intercom, signalling the beginning of passing period. As I approach my locker, I, once again, hear people laughing from behind me.

What are they laughing at?

Before I can think of much else, I feel an arm wrap around my waist.

"It's just me, Y/N, go along with it."

I hear C/N's hushed voice in my ear and blush. I nod and start following him to wherever he's taking me.

After a bit longer, we end up in front of the family bathrooms toward the back of the school. I look around with confusion and look back at C/N.

"C/N, what's going on? Why's everyone acting so weird with me?"

C/N gives me a sympathetic look before he begins to explain.

"You bled through your pants. That's why people were laughing."

Fuck.

Hearing that, my head starts to spin & spiral. My heart begins to beat out of my chest, my breathing quickening and quickly turning into hyperventilation. Tears gather in my eyes & run down my face. My chest feels like it's being crushed as panic and dread set in.

Everyone saw me. They were laughing at me.

"Y/N? Y/N! Hey, I'm right here. You'll be alright, love."

I hear the panic in his voice and look at him, confused. I look around before realizing that I'm on the ground in C/N's arms. He adjusts me so my head is laying on his shoulder and I tightly wrap my arms around him. I bury my face in the crook of his neck, not saying a word or making a sound.

"I've got you. We can stay here as long as you need, okay? Here, I'll text my sister to bring you what you need to take care of this. She'll be able to help more with this than I can."

I simply nod, my position in his arms unmoving as he messages his sister for help.

~*time skip*~

"There you are, Y/N. Do you want me to take you home at lunch, or do you think your can stay here with me for the rest of the day? You'll be able to come over to my house after school if you decide to stay the full day, but it's totally up to you."

"What am I supposed to do about the stain, though? I can't exactly take my pants off and wash them at school , so everyone's going to see it."

C/N takes off his hoodie and hands it to me.