Chapter 42: ARC-V - PART 28

The moment Jack's Life Points hit zero, steam came bursting out of his D-Wheel. At this point, he and Yusei had returned to the stadium and both came to a stop at where their showdown began. The crowds were all silent for a long moment... before cheering like there was no tomorrow. Melissa had to stop herself from jumping up and down on the spot.

"Incredible! Amazing! Unbelievable! That Riding Duel was, without a single doubt, THE BEST EVER!" She shouted. "After a very hard struggle, Yusei Fudo has defeated Jack Atlas! Congratulations Yusei! You did awesome! So did you, Jack! Even though you lost today, you're still a champ in my book!"

Yugi, Judai, Yuma, Yuya, Yuzu, and the others all yelled and cheered for their friend's victory, especially Kiryu and the Signers. "You did it, Yusei." Aki whispered happily. After taking off their helmets and dismounting their vehicles, the two Duelists smiled at one another.

"Congratulations, Yusei. Our Duel was everything I expected, and more. I will never forget this day." Jack said as he held out his hand to Yusei, who smiled back as he shook it.

"Me neither. I enjoyed our match too, Jack. I also hope that this means the people of the City will see some changes." He told him.

"I think they will." Yusei and Jack turned to see five individuals approaching them. One was a tall older man in dark red clothing. Another was a slightly younger man in yellow colored clothes. The third man was shorter and wore a grey business suit. The fourth was a woman wearing dark blue clothes. The final man, who walked in the center of the group, appeared older than all the others and wore white. "That was quite the performance, Yusei Fudo. Quite the performance indeed." Said the man in white.

"Thank you." Yusei said. He had no idea who these people were, but judging from the surprised look Jack had and how the group dressed and carried themselves, they must be important. Melissa's eyes nearly shot out of their sockets when she saw them.

"What the?! I don't believe it! All five members of the Administrative Council have come in person! This has NEVER happened before!" She exclaimed.

'The Administrative Council?!' Yusei shared his own surprise that the people in charge of the City showed themselves. The old man chuckled.

"As that young lady just said, we most certainly are the Administrative Council. I am the President of the Council, White Taki. My fellow members are Azul," White Taki indicated the only woman on the Council, "Bordeaux", the pointed at the man dressed in red, "Gael", the man in yellow, "and Gray", the short plump man. Each Member nodded at Yusei.

"It is an honor to meet you." He said to them politely.

"As are we." Gael said. "I must admit, the night you defeated Sergey Volkov started something we never imagined."

"Indeed." Gray added. "After that Duel, we have been getting reports about how people in the Commons and Tops were behaving since."

"It was unprecedented." Azul said. "Citizens on both sides started to accept that nothing was impossible simply by observing your Duel. Some even started to treat each other differently."

"One Tops decided to give a generous amount of money to fund an orphanage in the Commons that seemed about to close." Bordeaux said. "And then a Commons child, who happened to have snuck up into a Tops area, helped an older woman from some thugs. She was so grateful for the act that she didn't press charges against the child for trespassing into Tops territory." White Taki nodded.

"The more we heard throughout the City, the more it became clear that life as we know it was starting to change. A few of us were not comfortable with these developments, but it couldn't be stopped. That was when Jack Atlas came into our chambers, asking us to officially give equality to everyone in the City... provided that you defeat him, of course. Which you did quite spectacularly." Said the Council President.