Chapter 19: ARC-V - PART 5

After merging with Atem, Yugi stepped out and faced everyone in the room. "Alright. Judai, Yusei, Yuma... contact Yuya and Yuzu's counterparts. It is time to begin the meeting."

The three nodded as they joined Yugi in the center of the arena. The four of them now stood facing one another in a circle. Next, Judai, Yusei, and Yuma each pressed a hidden button on their Duel Disks after raising them up. They all started blinking light blue. "Why are your Duel Disks doing that?" Yuya asked.

"Before we came to help Yugi, the three of us linked up our Duel Disks with the Disks of your counterparts. This blue light means they are trying to connect with them. Now we just need to wait for them to respond." Yusei answered. Everyone in the area now waited.

A moment later, a small blue speck flew out of Judai's Disk and floated beside him. It then expanded and took on the form of a indigo haired teenage girl. She had a faint blue aura around her. "Hey Serena! Glad you can join us!" Judai said excitedly. Serena turned to him and smiled back.

"Judai. I knew you would be okay. I figured the blinking blue light on my Duel Disk had something to do with you. That and Manjome and Kenzen are there to keep you out of trouble." She said. Judai grinned while chuckling. Serena then noticed the other three people around him. "Are they the ones you told me about? The Duelists protecting those other girls?" She asked.

"That's them. We'll give you a full intro once the others make contact." Judai confirmed. Serena nodded. She remembered Judai mentioning a meeting involving her and the other girls... as well as the boys that escaped with them.

"So that's Serena?" Yuzu asked quietly, absolutely stunned by how much the new girl resembled her.

"She really does look like you." Yuya said, sounding just as surprised. Due to where they stood, Serena could not see them.

"How's everything back at Duel Academy? Are Sho and Asuka doing fine?" Judai asked while they waited. Serena frowned and looked away for a moment before facing him again.

"We're all fine here, Judai. Sho and Asuka are... pretty busy with their jobs and... stuff." She said, sounding a little too hasty. This did not escape Judai's notice.

"You sure?" He asked, sounding a little concerned.

"Yes, of course I'm sure." She said with a unnecessarily harsh voice. Judai seemed pretty taken aback. Serena sighed and rubbed her eyes. "Sorry about that. It's just... studying here is more... complicated than I expected." Judai seemed to believe her reasoning.

"I hear that. One of the reasons my own grades were so low." He said with a smile, earning a small laugh from her.

After a minute, two more small lights appeared, this time from Yusei's Disk. They reformed themselves into a teenage boy with blue and yellow hair and a green haired teenage girl. The two then saw Yusei beside them. "Hey Yusei! You doing okay, buddy?" The boy asked.

"And the rest of the team?" Rin asked.

"We are all fine. How are you two? Aki said you both have been volunteering at an orphanage." Yusei said.

"We have, and it's been great! The kids there are so nice and friendly... well, there were a couple of them that were a handful, but we still managed. Yugo and I are glad you're alright." Rin answered while smiling at him. Yusei smiled back at the pair.

"You look... like me." Yugo and Rin turned to Serena, who looked very shocked to see a girl that looked like her. The pair gave the exact same reaction, bug eyed and jaws dropped.

"I look like you?! How do you think I'm feeling right now?!" Rin yelled in disbelief.

"What the freaking crap?! There's two Rins?!" Yugo and Rin returned their gaze to their friend and protector. "Yusei, what's the deal?! First there's someone that looks like me, and now this?! You never said those other girls that needed saving looked like Rin!" Yugo accused.