Chapter 5: STANDARD - PART 1

"I told you guys, I'm fine! The doctor said he couldn't find anything wrong! No need to worry so much!" Yuya Sakaki complained as he continued to eat. It was a sunny Saturday morning and Yuya was enjoying a breakfast composed of scrambled eggs (all white), wheat toast, fresh fruit, and milk.

"After what happened yesterday, we have every right to be worried!" Yuzu Hiragi argued. Sitting with her and Yuya at his home that morning were Noboru Gongenzaka, a big guy wearing a white uniform and heavy sandals, Yuzu's father Shuzo Hiragi, and three smaller children. They were a small red haired girl named Ayu, a small chubby boy named Futoshi, and a small blue haired boy named Tatsuya. They, along with Yuya's mother, a blonde woman named Yoko Sakaki, stared at Yuya with great concern.

"I agree with Yuzu. From what I've been told, we can't take any chances. Hence, your very heart healthy meal." Yoko scolded. After her husband's disappearance, she didn't want anything to happen to her precious son. "After speaking with Shuzo, and he agrees with me on this, I've decided that you should stop Dueling for a while. Take it easy for at least a week." Yuya spat milk out of his mouth at the news, accidentally spraying the orange spiked haired Shuzo in the face.

"A week?! Mom, you gotta be kidding?! I'm telling you, nothing's wrong with me!" Yuya protested.

"Yuya, we were all there, including myself. Seriously, you're lucky we didn't have to take you to the emergency room! If it wasn't for our new friend here, who knows what might've happened!" Shuzo retorted heatedly. They all turned to the newest occupant in the Sakaki home. A boy, around Yuya and Yuzu's age, who wore a strange pyramid around his neck, didn't exactly like being suddenly in the spotlight. He smiled and tried not to look embarrassed.

"It was nothing, really. I'm just glad Yuya is going to be alright." Yoko walked over to the boy and hugged him tightly, nearly making him suffocate.

"Nothing? You saved my son's life! You're welcome in my home anytime... um, what's your name again?" Yoko asked.

"It's Yugi, ma'am. Yugi Muto." Said the boy.

"Yeah. Thank you for helping me back there, Yugi." Yuya said after swallowing a bit bite of toast.

"You're more than welcome, Yuya." After that, Yugi thought back to the "incident" with Yuya that everyone was talking about...

Flashback

In the dueling stage at You Show Duel School, Yuya had just won a Duel against a new Duelist who said he wanted to be Yuya's "apprentice". That was a young light blue haired boy named Sora Shiunin. He appeared to be a gifted Fusion User. As everyone came out to to see them, Yugi stood watching the whole thing from just inside the entrance to the dueling area.

"Now that I've won the duel, you can stop follow-"

"I know. Since I can't be your apprentice, I've decided to be your friend, Yuya!" Sora said happily. This confused Yuya.

"Excuse me?" Sora continued to smile.

"That Duel was so much fun! I'd love to duel you as my friend again!" Yuya however, looked annoyed. After a brief exchange with Shuzo about getting the paperwork for Sora to officially become a new student at the school, Yuya started to ask Sora a few questions.

"Say Sora. If you were never at LDS, then where did you learn to Fusion Summon?" From his hiding spot, Yugi could tell Sora had no intention of telling his new "friend" the truth.

"Aww, don't bother with the details. It's really not that important."

"Well, that's definitely not true." Yugi said to himself.