Chapter 4: FUSION - PART 2

"Here we are! This is it!" Judai announced to Serena and the other students as they arrived at their destination. After reaching the docks of the mainland, Judai led his group off the boat and followed him through the city and into the wilderness just outside of town. He then took them up a trail leading them to a mountain with two large metal doors in front. This was where they had just stopped.

"What is this place?" Serena asked in wonder.

"You're about to find out. I just hope she's waiting for us inside." Judai said as he opened the doors leading in.

"Who?" Alex asked. As they entered, they saw that the inside looked like an old church. At the other end, someone was standing, smiling to see them.

"Judai Yuki. I was beginning to wonder if you'd actually manage to escape at all." The person that had spoken was a teenage girl with long, blonde hair and appeared to be Judai's age. When he reached her, Judai shook her hand, smiling back.

"I told you I had a plan, Asuka. I had to duel someone to get everybody out, but hey, it all worked out." He replied. Asuka nodded and then took notice of the group. "And these are the students you liberated?" She asked. Judai nodded as he turned them.

"Everyone, this is Asuka Tenjoin. She escaped from Academia, just like the rest of you." Judai started, and then motioned for Asuka to take over.

"When I first met him and told me and my Sensei what he had planned to do, I thought he was out of his mind. But, he told me to trust him, and so when he infiltrated Academia, I was told to wait here each night until he got back with those imprisoned students. I'm really glad he succeeded." Asuka explained as she then looked over Serena. "You must be Serena, right?" Serena nodded, surprised Asuka knew her name.

"I am. I'm pretty sure we've never met, though I think I saw you the day you've first arrived at Academia years ago." She said. Asuka nodded.

"I'm glad you got away too, Serena. It can't be easy, defecting with the others..." It was then Serena interrupted her.

"Who said I defected? The only reason I left with Judai is to test myself against strong Duelists and prove my worth!" She proudly stated. Serena expected Asuka to be shocked and begin to act suspicious toward her, but instead, she laughed softly.

"Judai told me you'd say something like that." Asuka then looked confused. "However, I am surprised that you're not against Leo Akaba, after learning what he plans to do to you..."

"What are you talking about?" Serena asked, surprised to hear that. Asuka then turned to Judai, who smiled sheepishly.

"I haven't gotten around to telling her yet." He said with embarrassment. The other students were now curious about what Judai and Asuka meant regarding Serena, especially Serena herself.

"Telling me what? What big secret are you keeping from me this time?" Serena demanded. Judai sighed as he turned to Asuka.

"Asuka, could you please take the others inside and get them settled? Tell him I'll be down with Serena in a minute." Asuka nodded.

"Sure. Everyone aside from Serena, please follow me. I'll show you around and introduce you to the man I work with." She then led Alex and his fellow runaways through a secret door that revealed a hidden staircase leading down. After they started down the stairs, the door closed back automatically. Judai and Serena were now alone.

"What the hell is going on, Judai? What did Asuka mean when she said the Professor plans to do something to me?" She looked angry again for being kept in the dark. Judai then looked back at Serena with a very serious expression.

"Serena, I'm sorry I haven't been honest with you since we met. I had to maintain my cover while inside Academia. But from now on, I'll tell you nothing but the truth." He said.