CHAPTER 14 : Part 4

Anirudh's p.o.v

"Pati babu?"

I looked up in panic to see Bondita smiling down at me with a cup of hot coffee in her hand. Her smile had this something that caught me off guard. I swallowed and she frowned at my response.

"Kya hua apko? Ap aise kya dekh rahe hai mujhe? Ap theek toh hai na?"

No I'm not! I don't want you here Bondita... Though my inside is screaming something else.

"Haan mein... mein theek hoon. Tum yahan kyun aayi? Meine Bihari se kaha tha Cofee lane ko" I stated, searching for refuge in the file in front of me.

"Kyun? Mein nahi aa sakti yahan?" she questioned.

No, you can't!

"Aisi baat nahi hai Bondita"

"Phir keisi baat hai?"

I bet she's standing on her signature pose right now. I sighed in defeat and looked up.

"Bondita mera matlab sirf itna tha ki mein tumhari nahi Bihari ki ummeed mein tha"

"Maltab ap khush nahi hai mere aane se" she kept the coffee on table and crossed her hands.

My eyes widened at that. Bondita never talk that way!

"Mujhe khushi kyun nahi hogi Bondita?"

"Chehra toh dekhiye apna. Itna pheeka pada hua hai jesie apne mujhe nahi balki uss Greenwood ko dekha hai" she argued.

"Nahi Bondita aisi koyi baat nahi hai-"

"Phir keisi baat hai?" She asked again

"Tum coffee dene aaye ho ya mera dimaag khane?" I snapped.

"Mein apke dimaag kyun khaungi bhala? Uss se acha toh Roshogulla hi hai" she muttered and I showed my eyes.

She giggled and continued.

"Weise sirf Coffee dene keliye nahi aayi hoon mein" she stated.

I frowned and got up.

"Aur kya chahiye?"

She hesitated before producing a nailcutter in one hand and showing her long nails on the other.

"Kya Bondita? Yeh toh tum khud karte the na?"

Not that I don't want to but going that near to her is indeed a bad idea.

"Haan" she walked out, came in with a bowl of hot water, placed it on the teapoy and sat down grinning "Lekin aj apse karwane ka mann kiya toh... aagayi... Nahi karenge ap?" she asked with puppy eyes.

How can I say no to that face? I sighed and ditched my brain that screamed inside me to escape. Striding softly towards her, I eyed her accusingly when she grinned and brought up her nails for me to see. I sat down and drowned her nails in the hot water. Taking them out, I started cutting her nails one by one ever cautiously.

I couldn't help but wonder why she's doing this. I mean, why such interests now? She never asked me something like this before unless and until she had a reason to. But now...

"Apki tarah"

"Jo ap tab tha, aj bhi hai!"

"Sabki khushi keliye ap hi badal jayiye na... Koshish kijiye Boudi ke sath ek parivar-"

"Har rishte ka samay ke sath sath ek naya rang lena bhi toh zaroori hai na?"

Som's words kept on ringing in my head. What if he's right? What if Bondita loves... Is that even possible? Well, it is possible. You know that Anirudh! The way she's adored and cherished you right from her childhood... you shouldn't be surprised if she loves you.