CHAPTER 14 : Part 3

Anirudh's p.o.v

Something drained down my forehead, leaving off a cooling sensation along its path. Sweat! And suddenly, I got aware of the heat that now seem to irritate me. Groaning inwardly, I opened my eyes slowly to an unwelcome pain shooting up my nerves. What the hell? I tried pressing my palm on the spot but realized I couldn't. It felt heavier. Looking down at it, I found it intertwined with Bondita's, the intertwined hands lying close to her heart. Her serene yet contented face caught my attention. She seemed to radiate this vigour which can capture even the wildest minds in a trance. Caught in the same, my other hand unknowingly left her waist and she groaned in protest, yet again coming back to a comfortable position. My fingers slowly brushed away the sweat beads on her forehead. We were both stinky and congested. And this heat! Heat, my foot!

With extreme caution, I pushed open a door of the cupboard and a chilly breeze brushed past my sticky forehead. Ah! Complete bliss! I looked down at Bondita. A small smile tugged at her lips and she nudged much closer to my neck, leaving me off guard. My breath hitched at my throat and my heart beat quickened. But still, I couldn't get myself out of the spell her serene face was putting on me. I was trapped! And I couldn't muster the mind to pull myself out of it! Well, honestly, I never wanted to!

The door squeaked and rattled in the breeze and I was dragged out of my dreamland unwillingly. Why should the door squeak at this moment itself?! Wait... Door? I looked around and the reality hit me. Cupboard? And... Bondita? I looked down at her and nearly had a heart attack seeing our proximity. No way! How did we-? I tried getting back my latest memories but couldn't put my finger on any of them. We were celebrating and... Maa? I don't know why I feel I met Maa. I miss her...

But wait! How come Bondita and I end up here? And she's... she's literally sleeping on me!

I better get us both out of here. I wonder what the time is... Scooping Bondita up effortlessly and successfully – receiving nothing more than a groan and a soft punch on my cheek, I laid her on bed and covered her up. She muttered something incomprehensible, snuggled deeper into her quilt and dozed off. I patted her forehead and sighed heavily. Its better she doesn't know about all this. She'll wake up on her bed as usual. Good.

When I descended the stairs, a crowd was awaiting me. Not in the literal sense, of course, but the whole Roy Chowdhary parivar gasped and stood dumfounded seeing me. I hope I look fine...

"Anirudh beta..." Kaka ran towards me "Kahan gaye the tum beta? Tum haveli mein hi the? Aise keise ho sakta hai? Hum sabne toh poori haveli chang maara tha!"

"Haan Kaka, mein yahan tha" I replied hoarsely, rubbing my forehead "Mein theek hoon ap chinta mat karo... Mein Bo... Mein apne kamre mein tha"

"Apke kamre mein? Par humne toh wahan bhi dekha tha Dada, ap mila nahi humein" Laya informed.

"Mein kamre mein hi tha Laya" I grunted and walked away.

"Ab pata nahi Bondita bahu kahan gayi" Kaka whined.

"Bondita uske kamre mein hai Kaka" I informed while walking and silence followed.

Silence, my foot! Ignoring it, I called for Bihari.

"Bihari"

"Ji Chote Malik?"

"Ek Coffee mil sakti hai?"

"Haan Chote Malik, abhi laya" he ran to fulfil my request.

When I entered the study, faint whisperings started from behind me which I royally ignored. I better start working on that new case from today. Sitting on my chair, I sagged into its comfort and sighed again. It would have been better if I took a bath first. May be I should. Coffee will be here in the meantime too.