CHAPTER 6 : Part 5

Bondita's p.o.v

"You better tell me what's going on with you Bond" Josie showed a finger.

"I don't know what do you mean but believe me when I say I'm perfectly fine" I replied frowning, my arms crossed.

"No you're not! You are not the same girl anymore. You're... I don't know... it's like... what's the word?" she rubbed her forehead in deep thought.

"Josie just calm down... I'm fine"

"You're fine? You think you're fine? For heaven's sake Bond you're not wearing that veil anymore – which you used to cover your head with, that too until your forehead and you are more radiant and... exciting... and enthusiastic... And what's this red thing you're wearing?"

She brought her finger to rub my Sindoor and I pushed it back in panic. She stared at me wide-eyed at my outburst and frowned deeply. I sighed and replied.

"People... do change... Josie"

"Aha! So you accept that you've changed" she smirked.

"Well... I haven't changed. Rather, this is the real me" I shrugged.

"So you mean you were in depression for the past seven months?" she enquired sarcastically.

"Kind of..." I replied cautiously.

Her eyes went wide again and she opened her mouth to say something. But she closed it almost immediately. Her forehead creased in deep thought and a smile touched her lips when her eyes twinkled with delight. She chuckled, staring at me with those eyes and chuckled again. Then it changed into guffawing.

"What?" I enquired annoyed.

"Wait, wait, wait... You're in love! You're in love, aren't you? Oh my god, I can't believe this! You love someone? I didn't know such a day would come! Bond-ita Roy Chou-dha-ri is in love! Goodness gracious! I'm going to-"

"Shut up Josie!" I yelled at her, my cheeks regaining its colours.

"Oh my you're blushing! Girl, you blushing? This. Is. News. I can't wait to tell this to everyone" she started running when I caught her.

"Jessica Collins! You better keep your mouth shut or you'll get it from me" I warned her.

"Oh come on, this is news. I can't... I can't let it slip away just like that" she whined.

"Josie please..." I gave her my puppy eyes and she sighed heavily.

"Fine! Just for you! But tell me who the lucky boy is" she wiggled her eyebrows.

"You don't have to know that" I grinned at her.

"Seriously?" she scoffed "Bond, you can't do that! You have to tell me. Please..."

I rolled my eyes and proceeded for our next lecture. She followed, begging all the way back – until she spotted Brijwasi babu in a class and decided to attend that lecture instead.

When I seated myself in my place, Jean sat beside me.

"Where's my good for nothing sister?" he enquired, taking his books out.

"Another lecture" I replied chuckling.

"Let me guess... Professor Bri?" he enquired, finally looking up at me.

"Indeed" I looked up to meet his eyes smiling, only to see him blinking at me in what seems like disbelief.

"Are you alright? It's okay. Sir is not that type Jean. She'll be alright" I assured him.