CHAPTER 11 : Part 4

Batuk's p.o.v

Boudi was rocking! Literally, she was! Dada was stuttering and sweating and ignoring her questions. It's a treat to watch the quick witted barrister sweating and searching for answers.

"Bondita... Suno na... Tumhari koyi galti nahi hai Bondita... Kisi ka bhi galti nahi hai... Mujhe bas thoda samay chahiye apne apko kuch samjhane keliye... Bohot jald hi mein apna faisla sunaunga sab ko... Apne Birristira babu ko thoda samay nahi dogi kya? Please..."

We had to hear keenly to understand what Dada was whispering to Boudi's ear. I smiled. He had to request!

"Nahi!" she screamed and jolted up.

That's my Boudi!

But as though on cue, she tripped on the carpet and her Rakshak babu saved her from falling. We three stared at them with a stupid grin plastered to our face. I can see Dada clearing a strand of hair from Boudi's forehead. Aha! Its working, I guess. I looked at Tapas dada beside me. He's watching them keenly, not even comprehending I'm watching him. Rudhira too seemed to imitate him in front of me. I retraced my gaze.

"Bondita?"

"Hmm?"

"Tum mujhe chodkar kabhi nahi jaogi na?"

Along with them, we too fell into silence. He didn't – Did he? No way!

Tapas dada and I shared a glance. After what felt like an hour, a slow – very slow – but triumphant grin touched our lips simultaneously. Eureka! In the heat of the moment, we forgot we were actually hiding and hifived – our hands strangling between the curtains and making a wave of dust particles to escape out of it. Rudhira – being the one near to the curtains, sneezed and I had to cover her mouth and force her towards the wall while Tapas dada escaped towards the opposite side. When we sneaked a look again, we can see the Barrister couple seemingly ignoring the soft sneezing sound and sharing a weird atmosphere inside. When I looked back at Tapas dada, he was staring at us appalled, as though he is in deep thoughts. I frowned and raised an eyebrow in question. He switched his gaze to the study, still in faze.

I can see Rudhira glaring at me, strainingly turning her head to meet my eyes as her back is pressed against my chest. I raised an eyebrow again. She silent gasped and bit my fingers. I blew up my face to control my pain and exhaled silently to resist a scream, retrieving my hand back from her mouth and waving it in an attempt to reduce the stinging sensation. I glowered at her while she ignored my reaction. She gestured to inform that we should be going and walked away. Tapas dada and I nodded at each other and followed her.

"Pagal hai kya tum donon? Agar un donon ne dekh liya toh?" Rudhira blasted when we entered our room.

"Nahi dekha na? Phir kyun suna rahi ho tum?" I snapped.

"Kyunki dobara aisa-"

"Arre bas karo tum donon! Jab dekho ladte rehte ho" Tapas dada shook his head.

Rudhira glowered at me while I made a face at her.

"Batuk! Kal ham sab mere kamre mein milenge... Hamein jo milna tha, mil gaya. Ab sab hamare plan ke hisaab se hoga" Tapas dada reminded.

"Haan Dada... Mujhe yakeen nahi horaha ki sach mein Anirudh dada ne aisa bola" I chuckled.

"Kal bohot khatarnak hone wala hai... Hamein sabko tayaar karna hoga" he informed.

"Kya karne wale hai hum?" Rudhira enquired interested.

We both grinned and replied together.

"Kal dekhenge"

ANIDITA : A Life For Revolutionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें