CHAPTER 10 : Part 4

Anirudh's p.o.v

"Bihari! Koyli! Arre nyota dena padega kya hamein? Jaldi lao Arti ki thali" Kaka shouted from the entrance.

"Kaka... Kya zaroorat hai in sab ki?"

Kaka gave me a look and raised his hand to say something when Bondita interrupted from beside.

"Zaroorat hai! Itne dinon baad ap ghar aaye hai. Phir swagat nahi hoga kya apka?" she frowned.

"Sirf teen din Bondita" I replied.

"Teen din Pati babu!" she widened her eyes, stressing the word 'teen'.

I rolled my eyes and showed my hands in defeat. This duo is not that easy to win over – especially with their dharam and spirituality.

After taking the Arti, Kaka made us pray in front of Dugga Maa before letting me go to freshen up. With my obstinacy at its peak, I haven't really changed or taken a bath in these three days. I smell like hell and so, I really tried hard to not get closer to anyone until a bath but Bondita seems to have other plans. Ever since my return, she has never left my side. It's as though she's repeating whatever thing I'm doing. For a moment, I even thought she was imitating my footsteps too. And that's why I tried changing my pace and altering my legs when she followed me up the stairs. But it didn't work out well. So I left the attempt there and moved on. She wasn't ready to leave me alone when I entered my room even. I told her I need to take a bath and that's when she finally left, blushing a shade of red and muttering something under her breath.

The shower was indeed refreshing – I felt like I had a rebirth after a deep slumber. Opting for a dark blue turtleneck shirt and black pants, I was busy taming my hair when Bondita knocked and entered with a cup of coffee. The fresh smell of coffee beans literally boosted up my energy and made a smile appear on my face.

"Acha kiya tumne Bondita... Bohot zaroorat thi mujhe iski"

"Ahem! Bahu Rani Ji Rasoyi ghar mein hai... Ap kahe toh bulaun?" I heard Bihari from behind.

"Arre Bihari! Mujhe laga Bondita hogi... Thanks" I took the cup from him.

The smell itself announced who made it. It's feels like heaven when I took a sip from it. How much I missed this coffee!

"Pati babu!!!"

A shriek made me choke on the coffee and I looked ahead to see Bondita frowning at me, her hands on her hips. Bihari is nowhere to be seen. Um... Did I do something wrong?

"Kya hai Bondita?" My voice lazed a little bit irritation.

"Ap aise khade khade coffee kyun pee rahe hai? Baidh jayiye na"

"Ek minute... Tumne iskeliye abhi mere kaan ka parda fata di?"

"Aur nahi toh kya?" she walked inside "Kitne baar samjhaun apko aram karna chahiye?" she took a cushion and placed it on the rocking chair "Lekin ap sunte kiski ho? Hamesha apne manmani karte ho" the last sentence was more like a whisper.

I raised an eyebrow while simultaneously sipping the coffee from the cup. That might have looked funny because she stifled a smile and cleared her throat to recover her authority.

"Chaliye... Beidh jayiye" she ordered, patting the chair.

I strolled towards the chair and swiftly turned my direction to move forward and sit on the bed. Her frown deepened and she huffed.

"Manmaani karna toh adat hogayi hai mera. Aur mera mann kah raha tha aj kursi par nahi bistar par beidhna hai mujhe... Toh meine kiya" I shrugged, again taking a sip of coffee.