CHAPTER 1 : A NEW CHALLENGE AHEAD

PART 1

Bondita's p.o.v

I knew it wasn't going to be easy today, considering I had a narrow escape yesterday. He have had his doubts from a week now. Luckily, I've been cautious enough to not let him know. But my intuitions tell me it's time for the truth to come out. But again, it's not like I want to lie to him. In fact, I myself will let him know the truth sooner. But I've to make sure it's hidden until next week. One more week. That's all I'm waiting for. With careful steps, I sneaked towards haveli. Hiding myself behind the magnificent banyan tree, I looked for anyone familiar. Indeed, the sight in front of me proved my instincts were right. Standing in front of the doorframe, with his wooden walking stick in hand and head as always held high, was Trilochan Roy Chowdhary.

I knew it! How can I be so dumb? I should have known he will be waiting for me, more like waiting to catch me red handed after the rift we had this morning. Now how am I supposed to get inside without him noticing it? I face-palmed myself. Taking a deep breath, I looked for any possible way of escape. No! There's no way I'm going to let him know about this until next week. If I do, all our efforts will go in vain. I can't risk it. I've to find a way to avoid his probing eyes. Inspecting my surroundings, I understood the darkness around me is the only ray of hope for an escape. He shouldn't notice me in the dark. But which way am I supposed to enter into the haveli? The only entrance is being guarded by him. How will I...

Of course! That's the only way left for me. I hate doing this, considering the results I got doing it last time weren't really appreciable. Unfortunately, this is the only choice left and so, I'm going to take it. I sidled quietly to the left side of haveli and crouched my way towards the window, thanking the darkness surrounding me. The window – as always – is open. I launched myself up, forcing my palms against the windowsill and jumped into the room.

Unfortunately, I was met by those familiar foot. It wasn't like I didn't expect him here. Who am I kidding? Isn't he the reason why I'm here? My only hope of escape... But the thing is, I didn't think he would catch me pulling off such a stupid stunt in front of him. It was embarrassing. And I hate to be embarrassed in front of him. Reluctantly, with a stupid grin accompanied with an already scarlet cheeks, I let my eyes travel up to meet those enchanting black orbs staring down at me – dancing with both amusement and astonishment.

"Bondita..." he cooed with his infamous mocking, surprised and accusing tone, making my cheeks turn a shade darker.