CHAPTER 6 : Part 4

Bondita's p.o.v

What changed exactly? Well, everything! My mood, emotions, thoughts, interpretations, reasoning... everything! With a heavy heart, I now realize I should have listened to him long before. Why didn't I do that? Was my stubbornness a part of my adolescent nonsenses? Who knows? May be yes... may be no... I don't care. Now I know how stupid I was to misunderstand everything. And yes, I feel guilty. But the level of exhilaration that is taking a toll simultaneously is kind of overpowering the former. Why is the exhilaration a bad thing? Well, the simple fact that though Pati babu isn't regretting his decision, it doesn't mean we have a chance together. And this wave of happiness inside me will take its worst form by compelling my teenage self. I don't want that. No more expectations... No more interpretations... No more rubbish. Just hope... Hope that such a day exists in future. Just a slight ray of hope... A little.

"Didi?" A sleepy voice interrupted my stupid grinning-to-myself session.

"Good morning Bella" I winked at her, patting her head.

"When did you come here?"

"Yesterday night, sweetie... Go to sleep, it's still early for you"

She pouted and frowned. I laughed at her childishness.

"You need sleep Bella. And my mom used to say that eight hour sleep is necessary for a princess like you" I winked at her.

"Does princesses sleep for long?"

"Yes, they do. Haven't you heard about Sleeping Beauty?"

"Yeah" she jumped up and sat on bed.

"Ah-uh Bella, sona hai tumhe... If you sleep like I said, you'll be like a princess too"

She frowned at me in confusion.

"But daddy says I'm a princess"

"Well, he's right. And that's why you should go to sleep right now"

She shook her head and pouted again. I gave her my best ever puppy face and she obliged half-heartedly, making a funny face.

Pati babu was still sleeping when I exited the bathroom after taking a bath. Drying my hair with the towel, I took careful steps to observe his sleepy face. Adonis! Perfect Greek god! How cute?! I smiled to myself. His face was serene, the black curls laying dishevelled on his forehead. I beat down my urge to run my fingers through them and forced myself to move to the mirror. They must be so soft... Just like an innocent child... How I wish I could wake up to see that face every morning!

Bondita!!! I slapped myself. Just shut up and concentrate on something else! I sighed and took the Sindoor box. Taking a pinch from it between my fingers, my eyes wandered off to the person sleeping some distance away from me. I couldn't help but remember how much I suffered while wearing it for the past few months. But not anymore. It is my pride, may be much more than what it was before. I no longer have to make it short and cover it with my ghoongat. I know I have full right to wear it. I know no one can wear it with his name other than me. I know it is reserved only and only for me. Closing my eyes, I let myself to fill my hairline, a wave of satisfaction, pride and happiness washing over me while I do. I'm his... Come whatever may. And I love it, that warmth of being Anirudh Roy Chowdhary's Patni.

Anirudh's p.o.v

The warm rays pierced through my eyelids, making me groan a little before opening my eyes half-heartedly. It's been long since my last peaceful sleep. A faint image of a woman wearing a Saree blurred in my vision before I realize it was Bondita, moving away the curtains to let in the sunlight – her ghoongat down and hair still damp and uncombed. I blinked at her for some time. For a moment, I thought it was someone else. She looks divine... pretty even?