CHAPTER 13 : Part 3

John's p.o.v

It's half past six! Still she isn't home yet! After that incident, nothing's been the same between us. Who am I kidding? After our visit to Roy Chowdhary Mansion, nothings been the same way! How many times I tried to make her understand our life has nothing to do with all this! That this is completely my personal business and she should steer clear of it. But no! She's hell bent on proving me wrong! I seriously have got no idea what peace of mind she'll get by doing all this! To hell with that! I just want her to return safe. I wonder where she is. She wouldn't even inform me where she's going nowadays. That's the point where we stand now!

Sitting in the dark having all these thoughts in my mind, the creaking sound of my rocking chair kept me company. A few minutes followed until I heard the door to living room opening. I rushed to the spot and gave out a sigh of relief when I confirmed it was her. Straightening my shoulders, I regained my rough self.

"Where were you, Jessy?"

She spared me an impassive look and walked casually towards the kitchen.

"Just off to work" she muttered as though I'm no one important to her.

"Work?!" I followed her annoyed "I didn't know you had a 'work'" I stressed the word.

She gulped some water from a bottle and rolled her eyes.

"Well, I do" she shrugged nonchalantly.

"And you didn't find it necessary to tell me about it?" I crossed my arms challengingly.

She scoffed cruelly before replying, the gesture pricking my heart.

"Why is that necessary? I mean, who are you?"

I gasped in shock and despair. This is way too annoying!

"I'm your husband, Jessica!" I seethed coldly.

"Yeah, right" she chuckled "The husband that left his wife locked up in his room for three days. The husband who finds his god awful, stupid revenge superior to his wife's happiness. The husband that made his wife feel helpless and numb in her own house! Of course, you're my husband" she started walking away defensively.

I held her wrist and forced her against the wall.

"What is it that you want Jessica? You want me to forget my revenge? You want me to forget what all I had to go through because of them? You want me to forgive and extend a warm bond for them? Well, if that's what you want... I'm sorry I'm not made that way" I murmured angrily, my eyes piercing through hers.

"I know... I know you're not 'made' that way..." she replied with equal intensity "Yes, I want you to forgive and forget but I know you can't do that... But have you ever thought why I didn't interfere in your revenge game until last time?" she questioned, her eyes burning with accusations.

I frowned at that. Now what is it? She jerked her hand and released my hold on her. Pushing me back, she seethed with tearful eyes.

"Because you were 'always' wrong... You used tricks and plots to trap them... You used your pawns against them, misused your power... Ever wondered why you couldn't defeat them? I'll tell you why... Because the truth was always on their side... But instead of realizing where you went wrong, you started getting jealous and frustrated with their success every damn time... Your so called man ego didn't let you see the obvious"