CHAPTER 14 : THE UNSETTLING DENIALS

PART 1

Tapas's p.o.v

"Bondita! Kaka! Baba! Som! Batuk! Arre suno sab!"

A loud scream from upstairs made us ditch our breakfast and concentrate on it instead.

"Pati babu" Barrister babu murmured to herself, threw away the spoon in her hand and rushed towards the sound.

We all were about to follow her anxiously but got frozen to the spot when we saw Senior descending down the stairs joyously. He's... He's running!

"Bondita..."

May be out of the sudden happiness that consumed him, he was ecstatic enough to lift Bondita up and roam around the living room cheerfully. We all stood there shocked and amused. My psychological studies seems to prove successful.

Placing an already flushed Bondita back to ground, he shook her shoulders wildly and started blabbering.

"Bondita... Bondita mein theek hogaya! Dekho, mein-"

He almost threw her away and started walking in order to show her.

"Mein akele chal raha hoon, bina crutches ke... Kaka, Kaka! Dekho Kaka mein theek hogaya! Mein ek dum pehle ki tarah tandurust hogaya hoon!" he hugged Uncle tightly, that megawatt grin still on his lips.

"Arre haan, haan dekh rahe hai hum..." Trilochan uncle patted his back and laughed.

"Baba"

Binoy uncle and Senior shared a hug too, after which the brothers too joined them.

"Chalo sab! Aj Anirudh hamare sath nasta karega" Trilochan Uncle announced and turned to Barrister babu "Bahu! Khana laga do uske liye bhi... Aj kamre mein lekar jane ki zaroorat nahi hai" he waved his hand and laughed again.

Barrister babu chuckled happily, wiping a tear from the tip of her eyes and nodded.

Soon Senior joined us. We all were having a nice time chatting and bonding.

"Yeh toh acha hua Anirudh ek dum swasth hai aj... Warna ham iss saal Dol Purnima nahi manane ka soch rahe the" Trilochan Uncle commented.

"Arre ab toh sab theek hai na Da? Bondita bahu, ache se tayaariyaan karo! Aj ham jamkar manayenge Dol Purnima!" Binoy Uncle informed.

Bondita nodded and gave a knowing look to Laya, to which Laya immediately responded with affirmation.

"Haan Kaka! Kitne din baad khushiyan laut rahi hai! Sahi kaha apne Baba, aj mein bhi ache se manaunga tyohar!" Senior announced.

"Bhari babu, bazar se samaan lana hoga apko" Bondita informed.

"Ji Bahu Rani Ji, ham abhi jate hai" he nodded with that warm smile.

"Bihari! Rang mat bhulna... Aj toh sabko rang se sajaunga mein" Batuk announced, giving a pointed look to Hira to which she frowned.

"Haan Chote Zamindar Malik, sab kuch khareedunga" Bihari laughed and went away.

----------------<>---------------

"Jai Shri Krishna!"

Trilochan Uncle shouted out, folded his hands in front of the Radha-Krishn palanquin and turned to address us.