Chapter 40: finally home

Martha's POV

I felt the wind on my face and decided to hug the figure carrying me closer. Wait WHAT? I immediately push myself off who ever was carrying me remembering what happened a bit earlier. I met with the gaze of a shocked Jon.

"You flying" he says.

"Oh" I say squeaking realizing I was in a wedding dresses. "Oh new powers must be kicking in. Can you carry me I don't feel comfortable flying in something so...." I say trailing off as he realizes what I'm trying to say and blushes. "And it'll cover me from the public eye"

"I understand" he says scooping me carrying me in bridal style once again making me squeak.

"Blue" I say.

"Yes starlight" he says as he flys back to Gotham.

"May I please try something" I ask innocently making him come to a halt.

"Sure" he answers I lean in and kiss him making him blush. I pull away smirking.

"I-is t-that w-what you wanted to t-try" he asks.

"Of course not I just enjoy seeing your flustered face" I say opening a portal.

"You know I'll get you back for that" Jon says.

"I know blue" I say smiling. "Go through the portal it'll get us to Gotham.

He does as I say entering the portal which leads us straight to the bat cave.

"May I ask why didn't you use kalki" I ask seeing my family hasn't arrived yet.

"She refused to let anyone who isn't as glorious as you transform" he answers making me laugh.

"Young masters just in time dinner is in 15 minutes" Alfred says disappearing.

"Shoot that reminds me I have to get home" Jon panics as a portal opens up.

"Go right through" I say.

"Thanks by starlight" he says pecking my lips.

"By and you should take off your glasses more often" I shout making him chuckle as the portal closes behind.

About 3 minutes later my family walks into the room.

"Took you long enough" I say sighing.

"Hey not all of us have a flying boyfriend" Chloe says.

"I used a portal" I deadpan.

"Where's Jon" Damian asks.

"In my room packing my things so we can run off and have our honeymoon" I sarcastically as the girls snicker.

"What" all the boys minus Luka shout.

"Oh dear lord I was being sarcastic he went back home for dinner" I say standing up"dinner is in about ten minutes I have a dress to destroy"

I walk out the room cursing Thalia for putting me in a f*cking weeding dress.

.......

We're sitting at dinner when my phone rings. I look down to see it's non other than uncle Jagged.

"Sorry business call" I picking it up "hi uncle J"

"Nette how's you doing" he asks.

"I'm okay, family is okay" I answer knowing very well the MPS explained everything.

"Okay so I'm sure you've heard about the gala" he says.

"Gala?" I ask.

"Yes Wayne gala.

"No I wasn't informed of the Wayne gala" I say glaring at my farther.

"Really Bruce didn't tell you"

"Yeah uncle J let me put you on speaker so you could personally talk to him" I say.

"Hello Jagged" Bruce says making Tim spit out his food.

"Jagged as in Jagged Stone" he shouts.

"Table manners master Tim" Alfred glares at Tim.

"Sorry" he says rubbing the back of his neck as I giggle.

"Hello Bruce and I'm guessing the rest of your family" Jagged says chuckling.

"Hey/Hi/Hello" the family says.

"As I was saying your performing at the gala any ideas" Jagged says.

"Yeah I'm thinking doing a group song, five girls to be exact" Marinette says.

"Glad to hear you happy again Nette but where are you going to get your fifth" he asks.

"I think one of my sisters will be more than happy to join" I say making Stephanie squeal.

"Can she sing" he asks.

"Luka will judge don't worry" I say.

"Speaking of Luka where are they" Jagged asks.

"They went back to the hotel to avoid problems with their oh so sweet teacher" I say sarcastically.

"Okay Nette I trust your judgement see you soon" he says hanging up.

"I'm singing with you" Stephanie squeals.

"Yeah but you have to do vocals with Luka" I say.

"Why Luka"

"Julika is impatient, Chloe gets angry way to easily, Kagami is too strict and I'm supposedly too nice" I reply "Luka is calm and collected and is and will always be the perfect person to help you perfect your voice. I'll send you over with your part of the song and I'm guessing you have two days to prepare good luck"

"Wow that's a lot" Stephanie shouts.

"It's only one show and you have four other people to save you if anything happens relax Steph" I say smiling at her.

"And if I want to continue the music business" she asks.

"That means I'll have more people to sell my songs to" I joke.

"WHAT" everyone shouts.

"I'm kidding I'm one of the two writers in the group and the more the merrier" I say smiling at her.

"I'm curious how much money do you have in your bank account" Tim asks.

"That Timothy is non of your business" I say making everyone at the table laugh.

✨✨✨

Hey pros. As you can see this book is almost over. A few more chapters to go before I post the first chapter of the book I adopted. Well please vote and comment.

Jenny ❤️❤️❤️