24. Bedtime, Part 1: Night Tail

16 Years Ago...
Winter, 2008.

Nina

A long time ago, there once was a tragic love between two vampires that never should have formed. Except if it never had, then the course for vampires and humans might have never endured the future that it came to. For if it wasn't for their false love, then humans and vampires might have all been whipped out from the faces of the earth.

Now to understand the story of these two vampires we have to go back to the beginning...

There once was a vampire whose name was Berserker. Now, Berserker was unlike any of the vampires to ever walk amongst the earth, because he had skills that would even frighten the devil himself, if he ever faced him. Skills that would even put the reaper's name to shame. But, every vampire was once human which meant, Berserker was too. Despite being cursed with a name such as Berserker, he was a kind, intelligent soul and before being a vampire, Berserker had a deep love for knowledge that was infectious like the plague. Berserker loved to read it, learn from it, act with it and explore, no matter the depths or dangers it took him. For knowledge is what thrived Berserker the most in this world. Which is a power force in nature when in the right hands. In the wrong ones, it can cause a wide mass of destruction.

One night, Talula, a strong, vibrate and powerful vampire queen, with an overcast secret of practicing the dark arts, came to understand Berserker's worth as the human he was from rumoring strangers. Now for many moons prior, Talula had been searching for a man befitting for her attention. But none have struck her like the rumoring masked man that intrigued her. She then decided to search for the man. Then once she had, Talula acted at her chance. Upon meeting this mysterious man she has heard about, searching far and wide for, Talula decided that she wanted Berserker's knowledge for herself, forever, capturing Berserker in the sight of her alluring temptress.

Talula thought that Berserker's worth ran much deeper than the life of what one as a mere human could ever offer him. So Talula decided that she would use the blood of immortality that pumped through her veins, to change Berserker, into a bloodthirsty warrior only out for knowledge to gather. Then once Talula got her hands on Berserker and changed him into the man she saw worthy, his act as her reign began.

Although, once Berserker changed his Infatuation for knowledge, enhanced and over the years, he became a man befitting of his own name for knowledge. And the more Berserker got it, the more he grasped the ability to feel human. Unfortunately, for him to acquire that knowledge though, Berserker had to feed off the lives of humans to gain theirs to take as his own. He fed on countless lives for hundreds of years, draining the life from one human after another, just to know what lies inside their heads.

That all changed though when Berserker came to realize Talula's ultimate plan was to take over the human race, with him at the Frontline. Coming to understand Talula's plans, Berserker turned his Infatuation for knowledge against her. Therefore, from then on, Berserker only wanted to gain his knowledge to know how to become human again, just to stop Talula from using him to take out the humans. Through the years though, Berserker's task to find a way to be human again, turned into chasing a ghost story. It angered him and that anger turned into dread, before manifesting into resentment, until forming into revenge. The man hated Talula for stealing his life as a human and changing him into a vampire, along with himself, for falling to the temptation of a pretty woman that forced herself to be his wife.

Berserker sought out his revenge by trying to get fellow members among their coven to join him, in ending a life where vampires lived in fear of not only Talula, but the band of legendary vampires and humans as well. What Berserker wanted to do then was fight for a life where vampires and humans coexist. For the benefit of humans and vampires working together, we're astronomical and together, we would be able to finally put an end to Talula, rein and even the Legendary vampires; who all wish to overthrow the human race.