22. Staying Near Light

Nina

Reginald pulled away from me and even though I understood why he did, it upset me. We had a wonderful moment, reminiscing within each other and unfortunately for him, it had become too much. I could tell by the swift movement of his fangs releasing and whole body tensing before he pulled away from me.

This urge in Reginald to have me as his forever, it was tormenting him.

I sighed then when seeing Reginald forcing himself against the wall, keeping away from me.

Still though, I was not going to let that man turn away from me. I was his human, there was no reason for him to fright himself from me. After all, I've given the man my life, if he wants my blood too, then it was his to take.

Reginald just needed to trust in himself, like I do within him, that; I will always carry it for us both if needed.

Therefore no matter how much I know Reginald thinks he will take my life, he never would because he was already proving it to me that he wouldn't. The will of resisting an overpowering urge is not an easy task like the grasp of addiction. Reginald was trying and that is what made me proud of him.

Inhaling deep, I grace forward with caution just in case this backfires a bit. My hand lifted up to the back of his waistline. The moment I touched, Reginald registered and he slightly flinched. I’m unable to help the light amused squeal that formed from holding back my giggle, while gracing my hands up, feeling along his strong muscles hiding underneath, spreading waves of intoxicating heat.

Once my hands graze up against Reginalds broad shoulders, I lovely caress down his biceps. I’m snuggling my body against him, placing my lips against his back, hanging onto him, taking in the sweet scent of my almond body wash he used. The smell made me then cozy the side of my face against him, loving the inseparable closeness of our bodies.

The overfilling intake of Reginald, I’m rolling my eyes back, tightening my fingers against his biceps. “Hmm, everything will be alright, Reginald. Breathe in my scent with tiny, but soft, slow and deep amounts. It's alright. You don't have to move away from me. Even if you don't trust yourself, I trust in you, okay. That is why I'll always be right here whether it is physical,” My left hand ran to his side, moving toward his heart. “Or emotional.” Promising my words to him.

Reginald's hand swiftly came up to mine over his heart. Afterwards he brings it toward his lips to rest a soft kiss. And for a long moment, we said no words while hanging on to each other.

“Ahem!” Cleared free, as my backside turned to frost, making me know it could only be Oscar.

My eyes were already rolling in my head.

Reginald had begun tightening his grip amongst my hand; telling me he knew it was Oscar too.

We both move seeing Oscar with part of his hair held back in a bun, wearing an all white suit with a black vest, tie, belt and shoes. That man even wore a fake silver dangling earring in one ear and a tiny hooped one in the other. A gold chain wrapped snug around his neck, matching the diamond stud golden watch on his wrist, to tie it all together.

I'm huffing to myself since my father must have set Oscar up in his new position.

Now Oscar's showing it off, wandering his sight over me.

This is until Oscar tipped a side smirk once our eyes met. “Mm, good morning, Nina, don't you look good as always.” Pausing, flicking his eyes to Reginald. “Nice to see someone hasn't made you his breakfast.” Dashing his eyes back to mine, insulting Reginald.

I could feel the tension develop in Reginald.

I’m stepping near Reginald though, keeping there. “That's only because you wish it was you.” I snap, intertwining my finger with Reginald. “But oops, you're not. Now, if you would, I believe my father is waiting.” Squinting my eyes, chuckling. “And you know how much he hates slackers. So you wouldn't wanna piss him off on your first day now would you.” Ending cocky with a smirk.