5. Too Forward

Nina

I'm screwed! Screwed! Screwed! Screwed!

That's all I could keep telling myself because I just had to open my mouth by saying I had a freak date.

Why did I say that I have a damn date? I wish I knew because I have no idea on how to answer that.

All I remember is stupidly thinking about how I'm trying to be with Reginald to help him get out of there and that was all she wrote. Technically that did mean I do have a date previously already set to help someone. Unfortunately, that just didn't come out clear enough as it just formed 'I have a date.'

Once the words came out I was already smacking my own self in the face. Especially when I knew it would get my father's attention. That man is territorial and believes he should be the one taking care of me, until a real man can prove himself even though I can take care of my own self.

It was the era my father grew up in. Women were property and the father for sure had all the say in the matter. Yet my mother broke him at least from that thought of women as property. He still believes though that a father should at least be respected to allow his daughter away to a proper man.
This is the reason why my father sabotaged my only two relationships, I've even taken a chance on. He didn't approve, I didn't care, so father made sure I'd see why.

I don't like the fact that I'm saying my father's right but I can't deny that he was.

Now though, I've just screwed myself so badly because I lied. I have to present a man to my father in two days, there was no choice. If It broken off or I end it, then my father will make it a point that he will be choosing a suitor for me since I literally canceled a major family event. Then I'll have no choice but to marry Dr. Hilton since that's the man he and my mother have already given their blessing to.

Lord, what am I going to do? I've got to find a boyfriend in the next twenty-four hours and then spend the next twenty-four after that teaching him about myself and my family...

Yeah, right! This was going to be impossible

"Ah!" Winching slightly, as I sang out of my head, to the sharp razor I had in my hand.

I'm seeing that I nicked my leg while finishing up the last bit of shaving.

And damn it.

I dip my leg in the water intaking the sting of its freshness mixing with the hot water in my bathtub. After I pull the plug, turn on the shower to fully rinse myself off. I get out, grabbing the towel, wrapping it around me.

I'm noticing a stream of blood going down my leg from the nick mark. So I walk over grabbing some toilet paper to simply clean it up by wiping it off. As I wiped with one hand, the other reached over, popping open my mirror and got a band-aid.

I didn't have time to open the band-aid before my eight inch thick metal door my cousins put in when they built this house, came bursting open, splintering pieces of the doorframe. The sudden fright of the door slamming open in my direction caused a scream to form. Until my fright took over and with all my might, I kicked the door back in the direction it came. After I had, I heard two hard thuds, one against the metal door as the other was against the floor.

For a moment my body shook as my breath trembled while walking forward, rounding the door.

I saw Reginald back first against the floor, groaning while grabbing at the side of his face.

I exhale deeply, a bit relieved. "What the hell, Reginald!" Released out of me strong.

Reginald registered my voice, bringing his numbing ruby red eyes to meet mine. But when he saw me, his eyes widened a bit and he gulped. Until the man slightly turned his head, refusing to look at me.