69. The end?

Author's perspective

With streams of fresh, hot tears rolling down his clenched jaw; Jay stood straight staring at the fast flow of the Ganga river. The place where he met his Rooh after years, he stood at the same spot but she wasn't with him now. The last time he was here, his eyes carried a glow of happiness but today his eyes were completely blank. There was nothing in them except of tears for his soul that was snatched away from him.

He stood there like a dead man, for God knows how long. This night felt too heavy at him, Just the thought of never seeing his sweetheart again was enough to pang his heart brutally. He was on the very brim of breaking down. It was his bestfriend's wedding, on a day like this he should be dancing like a maniac.

But here he was hiding from everyone like a coward. God how his heart ached to feel her for one last time. To tell her how much he loves her one last time; even though he always fails at finding enough words to express his feelings.
His lips quivered badly, the rivers of emotions inside him were on the very verge of flooding and finally the dam of his patience broke.

Soon he started wailing, bawling his eyes out like a baby. Clenching his eyes shut, he felt his gut twisting, like something was actually killing him from inside. The man who tolerated such torture, defeated those monsters was shattering down in thousand pieces at his beloved's hatred. A series of cough left his mouth, as he chocked on his tears.

Those tears weren't enough to explain the depth of the pain he felt. Leaning against a pillar, he held it to support himself from falling down. Looking at the sky through his blurry vision, he spoke. His voice breaking more and more with every word that escaped his lips.

"Mujhe meri rooh vapis de do..please.."

His shivering lips kept repeating the same line all over again as his back dragged down along the pillar and finally he fell down, like a beaten soldier. The moment he fell in love with her, he never expected anything in return; Man could have lived his whole life happily just by loving her from afar but how could his defeated heart bear the hatred of the only woman he ever loved?

How was he supposed to breathe right, knowing that she hates him and doesn't even want to see his face? He sobbed and sobbed, letting his agony out through those tears. His begging eyes looked up towards the sky, hoping for an unknown mighty power to hear his pleas.

Maybe atleast The God will have some pity over his wounds.

He could hear the distant sound of celebration of his friends, as they proceed with his bestfriend's wedding procession while Jay was drowning in failure; why can't he be there for his loved ones when they need him the most? With the time passing, his pain soon turned into anger. The anger of never getting what he wants, Jay was tired of things always being snatched away from him.

Standing back on his feet, he picked up a stone and threw it in the river whose fast flow made the stone disappear in seconds. Closing his eyes, he could clearly vision the sight of his Rooh dancing when he had met her that day.
The day that changed his life, when he got the person who became the most important to him to The day when he left for korea, everything flashed picture clear in front of him like a movie.

The happiest moments of his life that left the most gaping scars and when he opened his eyes, There were no more tears left to shed but a big hollow void inside him which was giving him a slow and aching death. With furrowed brows, he walked down the stairs till he reached the very edge of them. Jay's empty eyes stared at the water blankely for a minute before he let out his next words.

"Kya galti thi meri? Sirf pyaar hi to kiya tha usse. Bina kuch soche samjhe, tut kar pyaar Kiya tha. Ajj bhi karta hu or karta rahunga. Par jab vo meri sab kuch ho gayi, tab hi apne mujhse usko kyu cheen liya?"