60. Dear SON

°•...When you said your last goodbye,
I died a little inside....•°

{Please do play the song while reading}

RUHANI'S POV

My deep slumber was disturbed by the constant ringing of my phone. Sitting up, I looked around my messy room to find my mobile. God knows, when I fall asleep while talking to bhai. A slight hope ignites in my heart, assuming it maybe Jay's call. The unknown number displaying on the screen vanish my smile but as soon as I brought the phone closer to my ear, my heart throbbed for some reason.

"Hello..?" I asked.

The other person on the line didn't say anything untill I heard their heavy breathes and my heart straight up went to Jay. With immense hope in my voice, I asked the question, praying for a yes.

"Jay...is that..you..?"

-"Ruhani."

But whatever word left his mouth after that question was like a dagger straight into my heart, a loud slap to my face. Tears welled up in my eyes hearing his cold and indifferent tone, I smiled sadly for he already sounded like someone I don't know.

The person's whose soul used shiver in concern at every small pain of my life, was now giving me the biggest scar of my life by his mere words. I plopped down on the bed as my legs felt too wobbly, my heart sank deeper and deeper with each second passing by.

Our happy memories flashed in front of me, how could a person change so much in such a small amount of time? I smiled sadly feeling my heart shattering slowly when he mentioned about getting married to someone else. My hand unknowingly went to the necklace around my neck which suddenly felt like it was choking me.

Despite, everything he said there still was a little hope in me for his promises to be true.
Maybe he was in some problem? So I asked one final question to him.

"Is someone forcing you Jay..?"

"Noone can force me! I am a strong man, strong enough to play with you Ruhani."

That was my last straw, when, I felt all my hopes dying down. How easily he said that, he didn't even sound like the same person I fell in love with. I couldn't hear what he said after that, since I was still stuck there, like a frozen corpse.
I was still stuck in the moment I realised that I fell in love with the wrong person.

The call was cut, my phone fell down followed by my broken self as I slipped down my bed crashing on my knees. The fire of pain burning inside me felt like it would turn me into ashes. It was too much to bear, looking up I saw my reflection in the mirror.

For the first time, I pitied the person I saw, she looked like her whole world crashed down on her shoulders. My trembling hands went up to my mouth as I tried to held in the loud sobs. My room felt too big and I felt like a speck of dust in that room alone.

My chest hurted badly while breathing, these four walls were suffocating. I rocked back and forth anxiously, my hands trembled in panic. The realisation that Jay simply threw me out of his life forever started coming back to me.

"No!!"

I screamed, covering my ears tightly and finally the broken whimpers escaped my lips. I stuffed my face into the pillow to not make any sound. My shoulders shake violently as I bawled my eyes out, wetting my whole pillow case.

"Strong enough to play with you.."

That sentence kept haunting me as I covered my ears and clenched my eyes shut but nothing worked. My whole body found itself in an unbearable agony, everything hurted. No matter how hard I tried, the tears just didn't stop. I stood up from the bed and started pacing around my room as I struggled to breath.