66. The Sangeet

JAY'S POV

Where have we come? When once, our souls used to feel connected; Today my fingers trembled while touching her. My eyes were closed yet I didn't fail to notice every single movement of hers. Looking down at my shaking fingers, I let out a sigh.

"Take as much as time you want Rooh but There is no such power in this universe which can stop me from loving you."

Mumbling those words to myself, I locked the door of my room to change my clothes as well. Brushing my hair back, I straighten up my kurta before going out. My heart throbbed once again as I passed by Rooh's locked room which meant she is downstairs already.

Suddenly a thought struck me, making my heart skip a beat as I realised, Tonight is the last night we all are here. Tomorrow is the wedding, she will go back tomorrow and I don't know how was I supposed to live after tomorrow. Even if things were bad between us, atleast she was in front of my eyes. Letting out a sigh, I walked forward. I could only pray for her to forgive me.

"Please God, Give my life back to me...that's all I want."

With each step I took, the sound of music got louder. A "Wow.." left my mouth, when I saw radiant atmosphere of the hall. My eyes narrowed as I saw Karan standing in the corner using his phone with tensed expressions. The moment his eyes met my glaring ones, he immediately lowered his gaze and started looking here and there.

A scoff left my lips as I shook my head at his weird before making my way towards Ravi, who was standing alone clapping his hands as he watched over the performances. There was no fixed seat for the bride & groom, instead everyone sat on big tables forming a large circle while people danced in the middle.

"Why does Karan look so scared ?"

I asked Ravi with a confused expressions, my eyes never leaving Karan. He let out a chuckle before answering me.

"Jaise tu usse ghoor raha haina, koi bhi dar jayega."

I rolled my eyes at his response before moving my eyes around the hall to find Rooh...there she was; sitting with her friends enjoying the dance performance. I wonder if she will dance too. A frown formed on my face as I noticed her looking a little weak but I tried to brush away that thought, thinking she just might be tired from all these back to back ceremomies.

Suddenly, something clicked in my mind. So, I whispered to Ravi, a little frustratingly, while showing a fake smile for everyone, pretending like we were talking about something else.

"Tune Srishti ko sab kuch kyu btaya?"

"We had a fight, she was mad at me as I invited you here. So, I had to tell her everything. Aab teri love life to fucked up hain, Main apni ki watt to nahi laga sakta na."

He answered back, giving me a fake smile in the end while I glared at him before patting his back; letting out a fake chuckle as people were watching. Leaning closer, I whispered.

"Saale, Agar teri shadi na hoti to yahi kutt deta tujhe."

He looked at me with wide eyes, while I gave him a lip tight smile as if I just said the sweetest thing to him. He was about to say something in return but before that, Srishti walked up to us as she asked me.

"Did you solve everything?"

I raised my eyebrows giving her a confused look while she hit her temple with her palm in frustration. I and Ravi exchanged a glance, clearly not understanding why she looked disappointed. Placing her hands on the either side of waist, she exclaimed.