24. Prank

JAY'S POV

"Don't love me this much Jay.. I don't deserve it."

That one sentence peirced straight through my heart like nothing before. The love of my life crying in my arms because she thinks she doesn't deserve me? No... It was too much to bear. She is my dream. I am the one who is honoured to even hug her.

"Shh..My love."

I brushed her hairs softly while cradling her side to side like a baby in my arms. I slightly pulled away to see her face but still kept her close in my arms. And..how much I regret seeing her face like that. Tears rolling down her black shiny eyes. The sight was enough to break my heart again. I held her cheek from a side and attached our foreheads together before whispering.

"Aisee roo dogi to meri jaan hi na nikal jaye laddo. Shh..Bass na Shant ho jao meri jaan."

She just sobbed harder at my words. Her sniffs were like the sound of my death. Those precious tears rolling down her cheeks felt like a knife through my heart. I can bear any pain in the world but not her tears god..please not her sobs. I can't bear this. Please.

I hugged her back tightly than ever. I patted her back in a hope to calm her down. Her emotions felt all over the place..she looked overwhelmed. I kept caressing the side of her waist with my right hand while my left hand went up to her back. She pulled me closer by enclosing my neck in her arms.

"J Jay.."

"Boliye na Jay ka pyaar. Rooh I am here..right here for forever. Calm down jaan..Mera dil toot raha hai tumhe aise rote dekh."

Rooh nodded her head against my chest and let out a shaky breathe to calm herself. I kept patting her back with care. She finally looked at me with a vulnerable look in her eyes that I saw for the very first time. There was a slight look of pain in her intoxicating eyes. I pressed a long gentle kiss on her forehead and wiped her tears with my thumbs.

"Bass meri jaan bass..shant hmm?...what made you cry suddenly darling?"

Rooh made a pouty face at my words and took a few deep breathes before saying

"You love me too much. At times it feels like I don't deserve the love and respect you give me."

I frowned at her words and look deep into her eyes trying to find some lie but all I found was fear. A weird kind of fear...a fear of loosing everything all at once as you get it. My eyes soften at her vulnerable gaze. I sighed before cupping her face to make her look at my eyes directly as I said the next words.

"𝙋𝙪𝙧𝙞 𝙙𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙞 𝙠𝙪𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙮𝙖 𝙗𝙝𝙞 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙧 𝙩𝙪𝙢𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙠𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙤 𝙢𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙧𝙖𝙠𝙝 𝙙𝙪, 𝙫𝙤 𝙗𝙝𝙞 𝙠𝙖𝙢 𝙥𝙖𝙙 𝙟𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙞, 𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞 𝙟𝙖𝙖𝙣 𝙠𝙞 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙠 𝙠𝙚 𝙖𝙜𝙚..𝙩𝙪𝙢 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙝𝙤 𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙮𝙚..𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙗𝙙𝙤 𝙢𝙚 𝙣𝙖𝙝𝙞 𝘽𝙖𝙩𝙖 𝙨𝙖𝙠𝙩𝙖 𝙍𝙤𝙤𝙝. 𝙅𝙚𝙚𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙞 𝙫𝙖𝙟𝙖𝙝 𝙙𝙚 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞 𝙯𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙜𝙞 𝙗𝙖𝙣 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙝𝙤..𝘼𝙜𝙖𝙧 𝙖𝙥𝙣𝙞 𝙟𝙖𝙖𝙣 𝙗𝙝𝙞 𝙙𝙚 𝙙𝙪 𝙣𝙖 𝙩𝙪𝙢𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙮𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙫𝙤 𝙠𝙖𝙛𝙞 𝙣𝙖𝙝𝙞 "