23. Greatful ♡

RUHANI'S POV

Feeling incredibly lucky for having this man beside me for life, a smile made it's way onto my lips. This time I brought his hand closer to my lips pressing a tender kiss at the back of his hand. His face reddened at my actions. I could see him trying to control his smile but failing miserably at his attempt...finally the smile I would die for was seen on my lover's face.

"I am so lucky to have you Jay. Thank you for coming into my life."

I said with my eyes filled with sincerity. Jay nodded followed my a chuckle before speaking.

"I am more lucky meri jaan."

I smiled at his words and looked outside the window to calm down this overwhelming feeling in my heart. I kept my forearm at the window and close my eyes taking in the warmth of sun on my face. I am at peace..

Just as we were passing by a market. I smiled and looked at all the details carefully. There were a lot of different kind of shops packed with families filled of love and memories. It made me remember about the time when I was younger and papa used to spend time with me bhai and mummy. When he not only used to call me princess but also treated me like one but good things just never seem to stay for long right?

As we got closer to the age to take our own decisions my father's ego was hurt...very hurt. He couldn't tolerate us not following his steps blindly. A lot has changed since then. My eyes fell on the stall of Pani puri. I smiled excitedly forgetting about anything else. I turned to Jay and said in a excited voice.

"Jay. Mujhe Pani puri khani hai."

"O"

His gaze follow my finger that was pointed at the stall. He nodded with a smile and stopped the near by. As the car came to a halt he removed his seatbelt and got off the car before coming to open my side of the door. I stepped out stretching myself and said.

"I can open the door myself you know."

My words were followed by a small giggle. Jay moved his head side to side and said.

"Gottta treat the queen like a queen only."

I nodded to his words and held his arm before walking to the stall. While walking Jay slightly slowed down and moved to the road side keeping me on the footpath side. I smiled and looked at the small market to hide my blush while jay was on his protective mode.

I looked behind at the car and asked Jay feeing a little concerned.

"They will be okay there right? All three of them are sleeping."

"They are safe I have locked the doors love. And the windows are even bullet proof."

Jay said followed by a chuckle as he tucked my flicks behind my ear. As we reached the stall I noticed a lot of girls standing there giggling and whispering to eachother looking at MY Jay.

I poked my inner cheek and rolled my eyes at them clearly feeling annoyed. I held jay's arm tightly which made him look at me as he asked.

"Yes jaan?"

I smirked at the faces those girls made when Jay said those words to me. I smiled at Jay and shook my head before intentionally speaking in a sweeter and loud voice.

"Nothing baby. I was just saying that this time only I will eat the pani puri. You remember what happened last time you tried to eat it right ?"