28. Welcome

RUHANI'S POV

"Did you just bought an apartment Jay??"

I asked him with shock evident on my face after knowing this new news of him buying a whole apartment just for a few days stay. He tried to avoid looking into my eyes and scratched his neck nervously. I moved a little closer to him before repeating myself with the same suprised tone.

"Answer me Jay. Did you bought an apartment?"

"Yes I did."

He finally admitted, now looking into my eyes with his eyebrows raised. Squeezing my hand that he had in his hold , He spoke again this time in a calm and composed manner.

"You had to practice right? And there is not enough space in a hotel room so that's why we are going to our new apartment."

They say you have one heart, one soul...then how does he manages to steal my heart and captures my soul all over again with every word he utters? The look of respect in his eyes, any girl would die to have someone who look at them the way he looks at me...the way he ONLY looks at me.. and here I got every blessing including the ones I never prayed for in his form as my soulmate.

My lips formed a thin line at the overwhelming feeling of gratitude and love for him. Not wanting to waste his efforts I kept my head on his shoulder again and spoke , my throat feeling a little heavy by the intensity of the emotions I felt.

"You are wasting too much money on me.."

He immediately look at me with a frown as if I said something so foreign. Straightening my face he made me look at me and spoke.

"Wasting ? Do you think I am wasting money? Money spent on you is never wasted. It's not the question of money love..I just looked for your comfort."

I bite my lower lip from inside trying to digest the honesty his eyes and words gave away in that one moment. Sometimes when you get more than you ever imagined it gets difficult to grasp a hold on all of it. I nodded at his words and whispered a little not wanting to have the full discussion in front of everyone in the car.

"I understand."

He understood my expression and dropped the topic. I went back to the previous position now feeling a little sleepy after not getting an ounce of sleep in the whole journey. Jay extended his other arm in front of my face so I won't fall by a sudden jerk.

My heart filled up by love to the brim at his small yet impactful efforts of immense , selfless care for me. He placed our clasped hands into the warm pocket of his jacket providing some relief from the fierce cold air.

"Jaan.."

I slowly opened my heavy eyelids fighting the urge to give in to sleep once again, when I felt Jay calling me softly while patting on my cheek to wake me up but I just pulled him back to the seat and snuggled against him. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me once again.

"I thought you would carry me inside but you woke me up.."

I complained with my face buried inside his jacket which had it's zip opened. I felt him pressing a kiss at the crown of my head before speaking.

"I would have but there is a reason I didn't...you will know. Come on get up sweetheart everyone is already waiting for us outside the apartment."