16. Safe place

RUHANI'S POV

How long is he going to make me wait? Should I just call him? Bhai went back after we  drank the coffee and he teased me. I even completed all my pending assignments but this man hasn't texted me back yet.

Fuck it! I am calling him. It's almost evening now. I dialed his number but it was switched off. Huh? I hope he is okay.
I got up from my desk and decided to clean my room a little to avoid overthinking as usual.

I hope he is fine.

I was adjusting the bedsheet when I heard a 'bing' notification  on my phone. I basically ran to my desk and checked the notification it was from un unknown number. I frowned and open the text which read:

"I am sorry for not texting you the whole day jaan.."

Jaan..oh it must be Jay. I smiled and quickly texted back while grinning. How a text from someone can change your whole mood right?

"Jay? Is this you?"  I texted back.

"Who else has the right to call you jaan love?"

He responded quickly making me let out a small laugh. I can imagine his pouty expression while he writes this message.

My cutie

"Noone ♥︎ "

I wrote back with a heart. I waited for his reply but it showed typing since 2 mins. Is he writing some paragraph?

"That's my girl ♥︎  So how was your day? Did you eat properly? I hope you didn't exhaust yourself by dancing too much? Is the pain of your feets fine ? How is your mood jaan?"

What? I laughed out loud seeing his message. Why is he behaving like we haven't met in days? I shook my head at his behavior before writing back

"Hanji...everything is fine. Did you change your number ? Whose number is this ? And why were you not respond to my texts?"

"It's a long story..can we meet? I could really use your hug right now."

He responded and I felt something burning in my chest. Did something happened? I quickly agreed to meet and asked him to come to Ganga ghat. He offered to pick me up which I declined seriously and wrote.

"You sound tired even through text. You just reach there I will be there."

~"Thank you love."

I put my phone down and quickly changed my outfit took my bag and left the room. I saw mummy and bhai sitting on the couch in the living room watching his old football matches.

I smiled gratefully seeing them happy together like this. Not wanting to disturb them I just left silently from there but was stopped in track by my mother's voice

"Laut-te samay Jay ko kahio ghar drop kar dega."

I turned around and looked at her with my mouth wide open. Bhai was just sitting there trying to hold in his laughter.

"Mummyyy..." 

I whined at her teasing tone. She just shrugged her shoulders and continued watching the TV. I smiled at her tactics. She is finally opening up a little showing her cheerful side.

I quickly drove to the Ganga ghat which was packed with people since it was evening. I parked my car a bit far away due to congested streets. The weather was windy with a little sunlight. I smiled taking in aroma of flowers and the Suttle sound of prayers.