14. She knows

RUHANI'S POV

"Aur vo ladka ?"

I freezed at her question.  I was still facing her back so I couldn't see her expressions. No this is not how I wanted her tell her.  I step closer to her and spoke

"Mummy vo"

"Tujhe kya laga maa ko pata nhi chalega? "

I was cut off when she turned around and God her tone,expression,the aura was so serious at that time. I bite my lip nervously and sighed before saying

"Mummy..I didn't wanted things to turn out like this too..I am sorry I was about to tell you-"

She walked closer to me with a spatula pointed at me.

"When? After getting married?"

I immediately shook my head at her question and hugged her to calm her down.

"Sorry sorry Mummy please let me explain. I promise I will let you everything."

She just sighed in response and sat down on the dinning table. I took the chair next to her and kept my head on her shoulder which made her caress my hair  but before I could speak I was cut off my mother

"Btw..ladka cute to hain.."

"Mummy!! " 

I gasped and  looked  at her with my mouth open. Is she my mother? I never talked to her about any boy. Ugh! This is awkward.  She just laughed at my reaction and said

"I saw  you with him the first time when he dropped you home through the window of your bedroom. Tujhe kya laga beta ? Why did your father never found that you sneek out for dance practices and even skip college?"

What? She knows?  I looked at her with confusion filled in my eyes

"Apko pata tha Mummy?"

She just nodded.

"Why did you never asked me anything? And you never say anything in front of papa when he prohibits me to dance and here I was thinking you also have a problem with my dream."

I stood up from the chair and looked at her feeling a little hurt. I know I am thankful for her for keeping my secret but why did she never support me openly? Why did she said nothing when papa broke my ghunghroo?

"Mummy..you never had any problem with me becoming a professional classical dancer?? Why do you never stop papa then when he fights with me on this issue."

She kept looking down at the floor without answering my questions. I sighed and bent down and held her hand making her look at me. Why did she look scared?

"Tell me please. Do you really have no problem with my dream?"

She also stoop up and kept her hand on my head lovingly. She stroked my cheeks before saying her words felt filled with guilt.

"Nahi beta. I don't have any problem. You look absolutely gorgeous while dancing and I have seen your passion , efforts , the hard work you put in."

My eyes got moist hearing her words. This is the first time she praised my dancing skills. I couldn't help myself and hugged her tightly

"Why did you never said this before ? Why do you never support me in front of papa ? "