Chapter 10

Jiang Luo asked peculiarly, "You want to buy my talisman?"

What he really wanted to ask was, "Can my talisman even be sold?"

Ge Zhu couldn't take his eyes off it, stuttering, "I... I want to buy it, but I have no money..."

Jiang Luo: "..."

Ge Zhu's words sounded like he was playing Jiang Luo, but his expression told a different story. Jiang Luo didn't miss the subtle nuances on his face, gently putting down the pen and picking up the talisman.

Ge Zhu's gaze followed the movement of the talisman. After Jiang Luo was sure of his sincerity, he straightforwardly handed it over to him, "It's yours now."

Ge Zhu was astoundingly grateful, "For me?!"

Jiang Luo shrugged, "Yeah, it's yours."

The materials for making the talisman were all on the table, and Jiang Luo hadn't put in much effort. Giving it away in exchange for a favor seemed like a good deal.

Ge Zhu was at a loss, holding the talisman paper, emotionally saying, "Jiang Luo, I can run errands for you. Though I have no money, I can wash clothes and dishes for you. I'm very experienced in doing these things."

Jiang Luo looked at him, dressed as if he had descended from the heavens, and then at Lu Youyi nearby, who exuded an aura of wealth, marveling at how colorful the world was, "No need, just teach me more about my studies. That will be enough."

Tears nearly welled up in Ge Zhu's eyes, "Blessings be limitless, there truly are good people in this world. Jiang Luo, feel free to ask me anything in the future, I'll tell you everything I know."

After saying that, Ge Zhu couldn't help but examine the talisman paper again, "The runes are lively, and the flow of energy is smooth and continuous, not to mention the force contained in each part is uniformly distributed. It's definitely a top-quality talisman."

Jiang Luo silently took his words to heart.

Such phenomena had never occurred when the original body was making talismans. Recalling the black qi he had seen at the 129 Hotel, Jiang Luo felt these changes were closely related to his own soul.

He might indeed be a prodigy.

Ge Zhu looked at Jiang Luo with joy, "Jiang Luo, how did you suddenly manage to create such a talisman?"

Jiang Luo remained expressionless, about to bluff, but Ge Zhu's realization dawned upon him, "You must have been motivated by the desire for revenge for Chi You, right?"

As he spoke, he confirmed his guess, unable to help but exclaim, "So love really can unlock a person's potential."

Jiang Luo's eyes curved into crescents, his joy evident, "Yeah, it completely transformed me."

Transformed eighteen times over, no less.

Haha.

Their commotion attracted the attention of the old master, who walked over with a frown, seriously asking, "Why aren't you making talismans and instead, what are you doing here?"

Ge Zhu: "Master, we were just..."

The old master suddenly interrupted him, his eyes lighting up with surprise as he stared at the talisman in his hands, exclaiming joyfully, "Ge Zhu, your talisman-writing skills have improved again!"

Ge Zhu replied sheepishly, "Master, this talisman wasn't written by me; it was Jiang Luo."

The old master was taken aback, turning to Jiang Luo with a delay, and Jiang Luo could clearly see the thick doubt in his eyes.